The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New front and real spoiler, and new grill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

New front and real spoiler, and new grill

Hi,
    My front and rear spoiler (the one below the bumper) has some damage. Now I would like to put an other one there (new or used).
    Any ideas on which one and where to get it?

Then I'm curious if it is possible to get the spoiler I have now but then made from metal. (the one I have now is from some weird rubber substance)

And finally maybe a new grill, or a cooler logo up front. Any suggestions.

Final note: I don't want to make it a pimp ride or something, so don't get extreme with me.
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

Re: New front and real spoiler, and new grill

Quote Originally Posted by jeucken
    And finally maybe a new grill, or a cooler logo up front. Any suggestions.
    You might want to check out my website (follow link below).
    I painted my grill the same color as the car. Then I replaced the Mitsu logo with an aluminum LRx logo I made myself. LRx=Audison LRx, the amplifiers I use

Further work is planned:
    I'm cutting away most of the grill, keeping only the outer frame of it.
    Then I'll go to work with some fiberglass and turn it into a nice rounded shape. Finally I'll fit some mesh grill material to it and put the whole thing back on the car. Hopefully this will give the car a bit of a skyline-look

Jan Kenneth Steinsåker
    Norway
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

And by the way, you've just got to get rid of those orange corner lights!!!

I tried forever to find clear corners for my car. Just as I was about to give up, I came across the part number for US spec corner lights. They're also featured on my website.
    These corner lights have an orange section at the rear which will need some paint on it to get the right look, you can read more about this on my website.

Changing those clear corners will be the easiest upgrade you'll ever do, and body-mod-wise, probably the best upgrade too!

If you decide you want them, drop me a line and I'll find the part numbers for the lights for you. When you get the part number, all you need to do is visit a Mitsubishi dealership or body shop and tell them to order those part numbers. I have people asking me about the new clear corners all the time, they say it makes the car look angry! :twisted:

Jan Kenneth Steinsåker
    Norway

www.silvergalant.com

Quote Originally Posted by pro_sniper
    If you decide you want them, drop me a line and I'll find the part numbers for the lights for you. When you get the part number, all you need to do is visit a Mitsubishi dealership or body shop and tell them to order those part numbers. I have people asking me about the new clear corners all the time, they say it makes the car look angry! :twisted:
    ....dropping line.... ;-)

I'm interested in those lights....
    And how did you do the grill? Is it a new grill or did you paint the old one? Because mine is made from plastic or something.

ConceptSleeper
    Pao_111 is selling clear corners(look better than the us spec ones) look him up on this board

Quote Originally Posted by ConceptSleeper
    Pao_111 is selling clear corners(look better than the us spec ones) look him up on this board

PRE-EVO
    I want those orange corners if you wish to sell. Heck I'll trade you some US ones if you would like.
    Seriously I WANT THOSE ORANGE CORNERS!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PRE-EVO)</div><div class='quotemain'>I want those orange corners if you wish to sell. Heck I'll trade you some US ones if you would like.
    Seriously I WANT THOSE ORANGE CORNERS!!!

</div>

Totally assuming that you're making a terrible joke at the european orange-colored POS lights, I'm still not ruling out someone might be a total freak and want them on their ride (if their car is red or something, maybe it could be justified in some insane way).
    So of course I'll provide part numbers to any psychopath wanting orange corner lights, just drop me a line

Jan Kenneth

www.silvergalant.com

PRE-EVO
    I'm not kidding I'm dead serious.

I've had both the UK clears, the JDM clears (currently getting ready to install) and the US of course. I would prefer the full orange as they are becoming seriously harder and harder to find.

I know it may come as a sick joke to you but there's alot of us who would like them.

J apmetal
    Are JDM corners fully clear [without the orange stripe like the US] ?

If so, and someone can tell me where to find a pair, I'll also have a pair of Euro-spec ORANGE front corners for sale !

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J apmetal)</div><div class='quotemain'>Are JDM corners fully clear [without the orange stripe like the US] ?

If so, and someone can tell me where to find a pair, I'll also have a pair of Euro-spec ORANGE front corners for sale !</div>

They are fully clear. I know that they've been up for sale (new ones) at a web site I can't remember the adress of, for $175. I could probably find the adress if you give me a few days, I'm terribly busy this weekend.

You could also just get the US ones and paint them like I have. It cost me a lot less than the fully clear ones would have. Check my website for details, www.silvergalant.com.

So there's a market for trading orange and clear corners now, huh?
    Where was that market four months ago when I needed a pair of clear ones?

Jan Kenneth

www.silvergalant.com

[quote="pro_sniper"]
    Quote Originally Posted by J apmetal
    I could probably find the adress if you give me a few days, I'm terribly busy this weekend.
    Heyheyhey!! Guess what? I remembered the adress all of a sudden.

Check out www.wholehyper.com, click "JDM Japan Spec Parts", then "Mitsubishi", and BAM! You're looking at JDM clears!

Jan Kenneth

www.silvergalant.com

Rasko Da Gama
    For JDM clear corners go too www.galantvr4.org and check out the "For sale..." forum. I got mine from there

J apmetal
    Thanks guys; I think Shipping those clears to the UK would put them at about the same price as getting them direct from Mitsubishi anyway. I'll get them ordered whenI get paid next week & I'll let u guys know when the oranges are up for sale !

BigBird

:)

pro_sniper,

Hey, hey! It took me forever to find my amber corner lytes. AFAIC, I'll take the ambers over the clear ones any time of day. But that doesn't make me a feak or a psychopath. It's a personal thing, you know. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For example, personally, I think the green ground neons are cool. But from where I come from, it's considered ricey. Well, to each his own.

Just the same, you got a sweet ride. Peace out, dude! 8)

92mpi
    Hello Everbody!!!

I'm a newbie here. Here in Manila, it's very rare to find those amber corner lights, and everybody seems to want it. If you have friends or reltaives coming over, you can ask them to buy corner lenses. It's abundant here and relatively cheap!!! You can also get those JDM grills, with a mesh wire in the middle, no horizontal slats.

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(92mpi)</div><div class='quotemain'> If you have friends or reltaives coming over, you can ask them to buy corner lenses. Â*</div>

I do have a rel. coming over in a few weeks, and am certainly giving him a shopping list of some description.

Manila is a bloody big city, which part are you near?
    He is from somewhere around Cavite

92mpi
    I'm from Sta Rosa, Laguna.

You can ask them to go Evangelista street in Makati, Banawe street in Quezon City, or Dasmarinas Cavite. All of these places are a haven for buyers of used/surplus parts from Japan. And I think the prices are very cheap compared to anywhere in the world.

The 6th gen Galant VR4 featured in the Japanese Magazine (hot stuff) section in <www.mofugas.com> is what our local issue galants looks like. Anything you want form that car, we have it here.

marktheblake
    Hey thanks, I dont know where Laguna is, but he will.
    When i mentioned a shopping list above, i didnt necessarily mean car parts. but the obligatory DVD, , copy watch, copy lacoste shirt, belt and so on and so on. But if i think of something i will let you know.

92mpi
    No problem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast