The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick JDM Grill question

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Quick JDM Grill question

I did a search on TGC and I don't know if I found the answer or not, the replies to previous posts were kind of vague. So, the question is,

JDM grills won't fit with USDM headlight housings, correct?

it will fit but you will have to make some custom mounting points since the JDM grill clips into the JDM headlight housings on the 4 outer clips of 6 or 7 total (i can't remember how many there were behind the grill off the top of my head). also you will have at least an inch and a half gap from the US headlights to the JDM grill on both sides and an inch gap on the bottom since the JDM grill is narrower and shorter than the US version.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    it will fit but you will have to make some custom mounting points since the JDM grill clips into the JDM headlight housings on the 4 outer clips of 6 or 7 total (i can't remember how many there were behind the grill off the top of my head). also you will have at least an inch and a half gap from the US headlights to the JDM grill on both sides and an inch gap on the bottom since the JDM grill is narrower and shorter than the US version.
    damn... there goes that fairly cheap mod. so then i would need jdm headlights too... yipee.. i guess ill just go paint the housing someday and keep the grill.

unless someone wants to trade grills? red <-> chrome? jk.