The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake and exhaust

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

intake and exhaust

what would be the best intake and exhaust mods for an '03 galant. i don't relly know too much about them and would like some ideas that aren't too expensive

Senior TGC Member
    The best intake modification is an aftermarket intake kit, whether it be AEM or Injen, cold air or short ram. A free modification that's about as effective as the short ram is just to remove the restrictive air inlet duct. The fan on the radiator blows air right into the intake, but I'm not sure that accomplishes anything.

Exhaust you will probably want headers, and then a free flowing muffler. But since you sound like you're on a budget, the headers might be out of the question.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>The best intake modification is an aftermarket intake kit, whether it be AEM or Injen, cold air or short ram. A free modification that's about as effective as the short ram is just to remove the restrictive air inlet duct. The fan on the radiator blows air right into the intake, but I'm not sure that accomplishes anything.

Exhaust you will probably want headers, and then a free flowing muffler. But since you sound like you're on a budget, the headers might be out of the question.</div>

Actually the fake intake mod, makes a really nice scream when you floor. Also if you look at the mouth of the intake its a tiny rectangular opening. So Im sure that you'll get atleast a horsepower.

As for exhaust, just take off the muffler. Im on a tighter budget (0$), so these are my mods so far as well.

BTW: Didn't Ripp Mods just release a header for the V6? I think their is already one for the I4 (<I finally got it right ).