The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Strut bars (front, rear, under chassy?)

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Strut bars (front, rear, under chassy?)

Okay, I bought a GDI strut bar through a member, but its missing parts (fedex sucks). I wanted to know about strut bars.
    What works on our car?
    I have read some members have:

FRONT
    RRE (limited production)
    Eclipse (what years fit?)
    GDI (anyone know if i can still get em?)
    Tanabe (huh, what, how?)
    Freedom design (how is it)

REAR
    Norcal (whats the 411?)
    what else......

**I've seen that someone was selling some that is bolted under your car. Last time I saw it , it was a limited time offer. Anyone know what im talking about...

Tell me what u know, and what you THINK is best. Links would help alot. I tired searching for it, but nothing really specific, unless im blind...
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Senior TGC Member
    Here are my experiences.

Front:
    Freedom Design - great design, great fit and finish
    01-03 Eclipse GT/GTS - my favorite, it's OEM, fits perfectly, no flex points, cheapest

Rear:
    No experience with any bars. None will fit without you cutting the vehicle's body, and none are recommended by neither RRE nor D3.

I'm not sure what underbody strut bars you're talking about, but if you're talking about chassis braces only D3 makes them, and most members agree they're a good addition. If you're talking about the tie bar I think most members also have favorable impressions about the ones offered by Tanabe and OBX.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    hey this is about 2 months ago, when they said they had made a CSK for the Galant. (It was actually for the 3G eclipse, same thing tho)

check this out....

To D3:

I SEE YOUR ADVERTISEMENT ON WWW.THEGALANTCENTER.COM
    AND I SEE THAT YOU ARE
    MAKING A FULL BODY STIFFENING KIT FOR THE 3G ECLIPSE
    AND I WAS WONDERING: IS
    THIS THE ONE YOU ARE PROPOSING TO SELL TO US? I DO
    KNOW THE 8G GALANT AND 3G
    ECLIPSE ARE ALMOST FULLY COMPATIBLE. ALSO, I WOULD
    LIKE TO KNOW THE PRICE ON
    THIS KIT WITH SHIPPING INCLUDED TO A BUSINESS
    ADDRESS IN ARIZONA.

THANK YOU,

MIKE

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

From D3:

Hello Michael,
    Thank you for your interest in our new products. Yes,
    the application is the same for the 3G as the 8G
    Galant. We have a number of customers that use the
    CSK-C for the 8G Galant. The price for the Galant kit
    is $275 plus $30 for shipping. The total is $305.00
    shipped. Please let us know if you have any other
    questions.
    Thank you,

James Gill
    D3 Automotive Designs
    www.dthreedesigns.com
    310-428-7716

...U N D E A D...

just curious. what's missing from the strut bar?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

haha you foregot to ask me when u were over here...

i have the RRE STB and the D3 chassis kit. in fact i was one of the prototype testers for both.

they both are good pieces. the RRE STB does not have mounting rings that bolt under all 3 studs per side, however... it just bolts to the 2 inner bolts of the struts and is not adjustable, but is VERY stiff and light weight finished in grey powdercoat.

the D3 CSK is a 5 piece kit made up of stainless machine pressed bars that bolts directly to the chassis to triangulate some of the cross members.

a upper rear STB for our cars is not recommended (as it is unneeded).

OBX makes a rear lower tie bar. i don't have this piece but plenty of members on here do now.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    just curious. what's missing from the strut bar?
    what exaclty do you mean??? I dont see what you are talking about.

...U N D E A D...

Quote Originally Posted by knightriderXXX
    what exaclty do you mean??? I dont see what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyasianz
    Okay, I bought a GDI strut bar through a member, but its missing parts (fedex sucks)

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

okay, the GDI strut comes with 3 pieces. The 2 side parts that bolt on to the car and a long bar across that says "GDI". That bar, the essential part was missing. I got the 2 brackets that connect to the suspension, but no bar. Fedex lost it some how?!?!?

VIO
    okay, the GDI strut comes with 3 pieces. The 2 side parts that bolt on to the car and a long bar across that says "GDI". That bar, the essential part was missing. I got the 2 brackets that connect to the suspension, but no bar. Fedex lost it some how?!?!?
    what? why would anyone ship it in two different boxes? that would just increase shipping costs and allow for a problem such as this.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    what? why would anyone ship it in two different boxes? that would just increase shipping costs and allow for a problem such as this.
    maybe the member took you for a ride. hopefully not.

...U N D E A D...

noo, it was in ONE box. It was in a long triangle shaped box. I read the weight the box was suppose to be online versus now, something was removed from the box. the corners aren't even tapped anymore. THere was no padding left inside, just 2 parts rolling inside. HE has filed a claim on fedex. I have dealt w/ him b4. I bought my headers from the member (esdriver00) I trust him.