The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wheels, what do you have and what fits?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    gala(nt)ctic

Wheels, what do you have and what fits?

Tell me (and show me) what wheels you got on your 8G...

And then, whats the biggest wheels you can fit (without rubbing) on a standard 8G. (7.5*18" to big?)

And the bolpattern.. Is it 4*114.3? (as the older G's i think)..

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    well, one member on here has 20 inch rims without any fender rolling/tucking. and no camber kit either. do a search for 20 in rims.

here are mine without a drop

they are 225/35/19. you could fit a tire up to 8.5in wide as long as the offset is VERY close to the stock wheels offset. I forget what my offset is, but mine come out anout 1/8in to 1/4in. not too bad. the only problem is that I cant lower it ALOT, which is ok with me because I dont like the "slammed" look. All I want to do is fill the wheel gap.

Hope this helps a little.

...U N D E A D...

TGC Regular
    I just found an old post on mine and they are 35mm+ offset

...U N D E A D...

gala(nt)ctic
    thanks knight!

then I'll probably can buy the 18" i like

galant2nr
    Knight,
    I like those wheels. I had a set on my car for about a day but then I couldn't tuck tire so I had to switch to the 19x8 instead.

Check the signature....

17" Giovanna Racing Kobe

TGC Regular
    ahh, they are itty bitty! just messin bro!

...U N D E A D...

Sorry, but i only have 17's....

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(knightriderXXX)</div><div class='quotemain'>ahh, they are itty bitty! just messin bro!</div>

Atleast hes lowered. jk

Yo knight, I think the color of your g is sick. Especially the way it blends in with the mirror tint. I would suggest against getting that paint job.

ok... here's the rundown...

bolt PCD = 5x114.3

stock offset = +46mm

so stay as close to the following to allow tuck and up to +3" drop all the way around w/ no rubbing, and also to stay within 1% of overall rolling circumference of stock (so your speedo stays accurate)...

17x7.5 +45 225/45zr17
    18x7.5 +45 225/40zr18
    19x7.5 +45 225/35zr19
    not sure on 20's as i don't know if they make a 225/30zr20 yet.

keep in mind if you widen the wheel, you want a slightly higher offest (to pull the rim back under the fender). conversely if you go w/ a narrower rim, you want a lower offset (to push the rim out). you should never, however, go over 8.5" or under 7.0" and your offset should stay between 38mm and 50mm.

btw, i have 18x7.5 +45 225/40zr18 konig monsoons drop 2.5" (H&R cut 1 coil at all corners) w/ no rubbing. i'd post a pic but my hosting is down at the moment.

gala(nt)ctic
    Thanks Reelax! That is very appreciated!

I think this should be "sticked" at the top in a "useful knowledge about wheels for the galant"-thread..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gala(nt)ctic)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks Reelax! That is very appreciated!

I think this should be "sticked" at the top in a "useful knowledge about wheels for the galant"-thread..</div>

wait i just noticed you have a "world spec" galant... the PCD is different for JDM and "world spec" galants! you guys have 4 LUGS i believe, where as US spec guys have 5.

gala(nt)ctic
    yeah.... why didn't I react on that.. ?

well.. maybe cause it's 4*114.3

still.. I think you should make a thread and make someone stick it at top with this kind of info and recomendations..