The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Success!!!!!!!! Then failure :(

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Moosh

Success!!!!!!!! Then failure :(

Hey guys. Today I went to conicelli mitsubishi to see if they'd fix my car. I explained what we did to my car, and the mechanics were praising how ingenious it sounded. However, they told me its going to be like a blank check job since they have to figure everything out. So I go home with a strong resolve to fix my car and avoid the blank check job, and I did. I checked over everything, and rewired some things. I was asking myself, what would Kim Steele do in my shoes. For some reason his telepathic link helped me fix the car I think. Now everything has stock connectors. I threw away my spark plugs and replaced them with cheap champion spark plugs. I turned the key and my car started up. I turned it off, connected the new ISC, and it was idling like a dream around 1100 rpm at cold......... so I lean it out about 3% across the board on my AFC, and it seemed to be running fine still rich. It stalled when I started backing up and then I turned it on and started test driving. The car felt like it had no power in it at all, like it was running really rich. My air/fuel ratio gauge was on rich the whole time during driving, and it was slowly going towards stoic, but never got there so it was rich the whole time. Anyway, i stop at a light and the car died. I try starting it but cant, so I hold the throttle and start it and it starts up but only stays on at like 3000 rpm otherwise it just stalls. Antifreeze is leaking under my freaking car again, after I just replaced the radiator. Didn't look like it was coming from the radiator, but from under the tranny. I also noticed that when I moved my auto tranny stick it was kind of hard to change gears at first after it died, but it went away after i moved the stick. So I disconnect the ISC and open the biss screw, still didn't matter. My neighbor was jogging by and a cop came by, and helped me push the car into a parking lot. I was mad sleepy at this point, and I am way behind in school because of this stupid car. From now on by the way, I'm not calling it a car. It will now be known as "the goat" So I was like, you know what...... atleast I got the goat running, so thats probably a couple of hundred dollars saved from the claws of mitsubishi, so I had the goat towed to the dealer. I'm going to try to explain everything to the mechanics, the desk rep guy told me that Tuesday would be the best day, they were going to have all of their mechanics in the shop on that day so they could figure it out. I'm going to let them try to figure it out for a couple of labor hours, and if they don't then I'm just having them put it back to stock SOHC head and I'll buy a new wiring harness and swap it out, and sell the goat. Anyway, thats all for now.

Moosh

Moosh
    I also just thought how excited the dealership should be to have my car there. It looks better than anything they have on the lot! Should bring them some business, tell customers its the future 2007 Galant LOL

the_kage
    ROFL!

Best of wishes... hope you dont have to sell the G!... What caused all of this? A 4g63 head swap?

Moosh
    Yeah headswap. Unless you are really really good with cars I recommend not doing it......

TGC Regular
    has anyone succesfully done this to a galant? maybe someone who's done this to a 2g can help you

when is we gon be free????

Moosh
    I don't think anyone has successfully done the headswap to a Galant without being turbo'd at the same time.

stryker204
    well we will find out in about 2 months with mine.....but i bought a new block and building on that....just incase i run into the same problem u have run into with ur car....i still have a back up motor....but ill be running NA for a while....but dont forget about the 2g eclipse Spiders....they had the 4g64's and a lot of them have done the same thing....so talk to one of them....sure they could help u out

Moosh
    actually not many eclipse spyders have done the N/A dohc swap, actually there is only one person I know of who has done it :/