The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: it made it

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    queball

it made it

My Galant flipped 100k miles today and still running like brand new except for my sagging ass problem that no one can figure out.. but now im afraid to fix it up any more something major will probly break on it now or ill spring my first leak..

Mr. E
    i have 130,000 miles and still running

schick
    I'll hit 100k sometime this week.
    I've just started to do mods.

digga
    I'm at 104k and still running great, and I've just started doing mods too.

you all Realize That 100k isn't REally a big deal anymore, right?

back when we were Dealing with pushrods, and "american Steel"

cars would barely last 150k

now... you'd be hard-pressed to find a motor that if taken care of.. didn't last 400k

I'd say your motors Are just finally being broken in....

relax...it's going TO be okay..=0]
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Kain
    Yup, the old Colt is getting ready to crack 300K and still going strong. (well, all the gaskets had to be replaced, timing belt, plugs, etc.) But otherwise in great shape. Mitsubishi engines will literally outlast the car they're in. The Galant's got 130K on the clock, and I've yet to have the first major problem. And even to throw something even more interesting into the mix, My Blazer (keep in mind it's an '87 with pushrods [shudder] and two valves per cyl) has 250K and still passes smog with flying colors. It's all in the maintnance.

I broke 140k+! I just drove across country and now I am living in L.A.! Lng ass trip guys long ass trip!!! Running strong though

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

my 4g64 is at 96k, my odometer says 98k and my engine has 24k

95 Galant ES Just turned 129K and is strong. Does at least 800 miles a week.

I would not change it.

By the way : is black with black lether interiors, the "grey" carpet.

95galant-s
    just hit 148k no major problems

Quote Originally Posted by g96nt
    you all Realize That 100k isn't REally a big deal anymore, right?

back when we were Dealing with pushrods, and "american Steel"

cars would barely last 150k

now... you'd be hard-pressed to find a motor that if taken care of.. didn't last 400k

I'd say your motors Are just finally being broken in....

relax...it's going TO be okay..=0]
    Craig that good old american steel from the hayday of pushrod motors will last longer than any motor of today. I still see all ORIGINAL 40s, 50s, and 60s cars with the original motor and its unrebuilt. They are quite reliable. Not saying todays motors are worse but old 'american steel' lasts quite a while.

Take care of the motor it'll last regardless of what it is in, Mitsu, Honda, old 30s Ford it'll last.

If you mean the late 70s and 80s then yeah those motors sucked ass regardless hahaha.

Mitsubishi motors generally if well cared for last a good while, as noted by yourself and everyone else here pushing 100k+ miles.

TGC Regular
    I have 83k on my car, I don't like having this many miles on my car. Thought is always in my head to sell and get something with far less miles, the only thing holding me back is the terrible resale value on the galant (which would keep me from buying another one). I'm sure once I get around 100k, car will be paid off and probably be on its way out. I dont want to deal with problems.
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04