The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear Your Needles+Change Gauge Cluster Color (Pics)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 145
    Monkey
    Yo Silver outstanding work on the tutorial... I just completed mine with no difficulties except clearing the needles... on swab, two swab... nothing! Nail polisher remover is not helping... anyway left it and went with red and it's right...

Question... now how do I do the rest of the interior pieces? I started with the ac unit and that mofo is f* hard to take off... disconnected, etc... problem was these two rods that are attached... Anyone have any luck with these? I want to change the bulb inside also and make red... power door knobs red, cig light ring red, I think you guys get the point! Help a monkey out!

downsouthhustla

neon needle kits

go to www.importintelligence.com they got some raw needle kits in a bunch of colors

downsouthhustla

neon needle kits

go to www.importintelligence.com they got some raw needle kits in a bunch of colors

ok, i love those intelli glow needles, why dont they have them for the 2000+ galant? that totally sux. does anyone think they will make them?

how long did this take you guys to do... can it be done in under an hour?
    -Travis

My Car

SilverKnight
    BiGSHUN i bought mine of off VLovan who is a member here. i know they always have these for sale on ebay plus if you have a sunroof it sucks having a chrome benzel and driving with the sun to your back.
    and yeah it should come up under the search galant chrome benzel or do a search for galant guages.

Also my odometer was brighter then the rest because as you can see in the pictur i bought 4 bulbs and was one short and i had to go to work perty soon so i stuck a white one for the mean time but its fixed now.

Monkey that is exsactly what i will work on this up coming weekend because i started painted my door handles this past weekend. i will take a look later today maybe i can figure something out for you before the weekend.

extremsprt86 it took me about 45 min. to an hour. so the anwser would be yes.

Z i guess they could work but i do know that led's have to have the correct polarity connected. the only problem i see is how would you be able to tell what is positive and what is negative on the back of the guage cluster. also some leds if you hook up the polarity backwards the led gets fried and that would suck.

Monkey
    Well it seems like I'm a weekend behind cause I will be painting my door rest this weekend, also will look into some vinyl to replace the plush covering on the doors. So I guess I'll tear up my interrior also... Major concern, the ac gauges... could not take this b*tch off to save my life... It's seems like its welded onto two steel rods! :shock:

The ac gauges have three wire harnesses... light, ac, heater... after removing the apparent screws on the outside, this thing is also attached by two rods that control the outter end knobs. If anyone figures how to detach them... post plz.

But to anyone else who wants to change the color on their cluster, It's easier than clearing your corners... again, great job silverk...

Oh and I bought regular 194 bulbs (red) from Pep boys... $3.00 bucks for a package of two.... you will need five.

There is also a bulb for the led, your mileage reading... but I don't know what size bulb that is yet. It look like a smaller version of the 194.

yo very nice job... *bored me go do it now*

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

i have the same one you have and i hate it! it looks like shit. you can get the chrome one off ebay for about $13. i'm picking one up pretty soon.</div>

where did you get yours from? i think i got mine from summit. i have like a $30 credit w/ them and i can't find a damn thing to order. summit is not too kind to imports.

by the way, when searching for the bezel on ebay, would it come up under "chrome bezel"?</div>

i got the shitty plastic aluminum look-a-like bezel on ebay. fucking waste of $16 (that includes shipping). to find the chrome bezel just search for "galant" on ebay and it will come up in the first couple of pages. i can't wait to get the chrome one and get ride of the crappy one i have now. now if i can just find some chrome racing pedals to match!!!

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Z)</div><div class='quotemain'>i thought we had to use LEDs? would this one fit and work?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting</div>

forget the leds off of ebay. get them at autolumination. they'll cost less. they also have a new style of diffused lighting led. pic of the new style at bottom. i think they'll work better then the concave dome style leds that everyone has been using.

http://autolumination.com/leds.html

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

i have the same one you have and i hate it! it looks like shit. you can get the chrome one off ebay for about $13. i'm picking one up pretty soon.</div>

where did you get yours from? i think i got mine from summit. i have like a $30 credit w/ them and i can't find a damn thing to order. summit is not too kind to imports.

by the way, when searching for the bezel on ebay, would it come up under "chrome bezel"?</div>

i got the shitty plastic aluminum look-a-like bezel on ebay. fucking waste of $16 (that includes shipping). to find the chrome bezel just search for "galant" on ebay and it will come up in the first couple of pages. i can't wait to get the chrome one and get ride of the crappy one i have now. now if i can just find some chrome racing pedals to match!!!</div>

VIO: i found them, thanks. they look so much better than the crap we have. i think i'll order them next week or the 2nd week of oct. i have other things on the G that i'm working on.

i ordered those hyper blue dome lights off ebay. i haven't got them yet.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

i got the shitty plastic aluminum look-a-like bezel on ebay. fucking waste of $16 (that includes shipping). to find the chrome bezel just search for "galant" on ebay and it will come up in the first couple of pages. i can't wait to get the chrome one and get ride of the crappy one i have now. now if i can just find some chrome racing pedals to match!!!</div>

VIO: i found them, thanks. they look so much better than the crap we have. i think i'll order them next week or the 2nd week of oct. i have other things on the G that i'm working on.

i ordered those hyper blue dome lights off ebay. i haven't got them yet.</div>

yeah i can't wait to get my chrome bezel. a word of advise on the dome lights. i know a guy that had a set (don't know what brand) but he left them on for a bit and they melted the clear plastic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

i ordered those hyper blue dome lights off ebay. i haven't got them yet.</div>

yeah i can't wait to get my chrome bezel. a word of advise on the dome lights. i know a guy that had a set (don't know what brand) but he left them on for a bit and they melted the clear plastic.</div>

so i guess its something i shouldn't leave on in traffic to show them off, huh?

seems like there's always some rigging and puzzle piece-ing when it comes to our G's. i don't mind the challenge, though. there's a lot of creativity here in this forum.
    ____

VIO
    if you want to show off you could always get the led bulbs for your dome from autolumination.com

Quote Originally Posted by VA_LANCER_RACER
    very nice, if you want the needles to light up brighter you can get the needle kit from importintelligence.com very nice kit, had them on my 7g.
    dat place doesnt seem good... it says the needles fit the 90-99 but doesnt fit 2000+ whats up wit dat? :?
    Diego

HELP !!!!! how do i get to the space to change the lights .......what do i move ???? im doing that right now.......... i need help asap!

[i][b]<span style='color:violet'>"Im in the building and im feeling like yeeeeee"</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe)</div><div class='quotemain'>HELP !!!!! Â* how do i get to the space to change the lights .......what do i move ???? Â*im doing that right now.......... i need help asap!</div>

do you want me to call you and walk you thru it? can't type write now..i'm at work.
    ____

sorry didnt get back to you earlier ! i figured it out !!! JEAA!!! i did it ! all by myself .... who says girls cant work on cars !!!!! lol ! now theyre red..... so they match my stereo......... has anyone tried the chrome nailpolish that they make on the needles ??? do you think i should do that ?

[i][b]<span style='color:violet'>"Im in the building and im feeling like yeeeeee"</span>

JEA ! its finally dark ... and i seen em ... I LIKE!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast