The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear Your Needles+Change Gauge Cluster Color (Pics)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 145
    Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    doesn't look nice? - - nice one!!!

i have both bulbs...the LED's and the ones at the auto part store. The led's are so much brighter but i think i need a 6th bulb. i'm gonna buy another prong or housing (whatever holds the bulb) and put it back there. i can use 5 bulbs w/ the regular ones though.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

Monkey
    I did mine red also... my roommate has a vr6 and his interior looks sick with all the red lights...

Just need to take the time out to figure how to change the ac unit lighting and the fog switch and the cig lighter...

I will say that the nice part of having them red is that I didn't need to color the needles... They look more red than orange now that the background is red... nice blend.

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'> i got the shitty plastic aluminum look-a-like bezel on ebay. Â*fucking waste of $16 (that includes shipping). Â*to find the chrome bezel just search for "galant" on ebay and it will come up in the first couple of pages. Â*i can't wait to get the chrome one and get ride of the crappy one i have now. Â*now if i can just find some chrome racing pedals to match!!!</div>

I hope you understand that chrome will really fuck you up at certain times even if you dont have a sunroof. very bright shit. I have all kinda chrome stuff on my car, and at times I regret getting the chrome bezel. but its really up tp you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>so i guess its something i shouldn't leave on in traffic to show them off, huh? Â*

seems like there's always some rigging and puzzle piece-ing when it comes to our G's. i don't mind the challenge, though. there's a lot of creativity here in this forum.
    </div>

I wouldnt say that is exactly correct. I (well, my dumbass brother) left mine on all night, then all day the next day until night again, when I finally realized they were on, luckily no melting.

I would test them out. try 30 mins. if they still fairly cool, try 1 hour. i wouldnt go much more longer than that. good luck!

...U N D E A D...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(knightriderXXX)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'> i got the shitty plastic aluminum look-a-like bezel on ebay. Â*fucking waste of $16 (that includes shipping). Â*to find the chrome bezel just search for "galant" on ebay and it will come up in the first couple of pages. Â*i can't wait to get the chrome one and get ride of the crappy one i have now. Â*now if i can just find some chrome racing pedals to match!!!</div>

I hope you understand that chrome will really fuck you up at certain times even if you dont have a sunroof. very bright shit. I have all kinda chrome stuff on my car, and at times I regret getting the chrome bezel. but its really up tp you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>so i guess its something i shouldn't leave on in traffic to show them off, huh? Â*

seems like there's always some rigging and puzzle piece-ing when it comes to our G's. i don't mind the challenge, though. there's a lot of creativity here in this forum.
    </div>

I wouldnt say that is exactly correct. I (well, my dumbass brother) left mine on all night, then all day the next day until night again, when I finally realized they were on, luckily no melting.

I would test them out. try 30 mins. if they still fairly cool, try 1 hour. i wouldnt go much more longer than that. good luck!</div>

good lookin' out knightrider. i finally got the correct bulb type for the dome. they sent the wrong ones. if i find them at the autopart store, i'll save some cheese and send the one's i ordered back.

about the bezel....i ordered it today. yeah, i hope for the best....well i hope i will be able to see.
    ____

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    good lookin' out knightrider. Â*i finally got the correct bulb type for the dome. they sent the wrong ones. Â*if i find them at the autopart store, i'll save some cheese and send the one's i ordered back..</div>

well, thats where I got mine from.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'> yeah, i hope for the best....well i hope i will be able to see.</div>

:laughing: me too!!

...U N D E A D...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(knightriderXXX)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    good lookin' out knightrider. Â*i finally got the correct bulb type for the dome. they sent the wrong ones. Â*if i find them at the autopart store, i'll save some cheese and send the one's i ordered back..</div>

well, thats where I got mine from.

:laughing: me too!!</div>

did you get you lights from sissons lights? they sent you the correct bulbs? the one's w/ the hooks on the end?
    ____

TGC Regular
    oh no, what I meant was the auto parts store. Autozone to be exact.

...U N D E A D...

oh ok..that's where i got my bulb type. i would bought the bulb but they didn't have any. i'll check out another autozone tonite or this weekend.
    ____

yofadahead
    i cleared my needles. i'm finally done. it took forever!!! this took me 3 hours! nail polish remover didn't even phase them. they just looked right back at me and laughed. i had to use paint thinner and rub and rub and rub with q-tips until the orange started coming off. then i had to get a needle and scrape the little bit of color that was left in the crevices.

you guys that did it already suck. you got the easy gauges.

i had a little bit of trouble myself when it came to the crevice where the needles were being held. i pried it open w/ my finger nail and used a needle to get the rest of the orange out. good thing it was saturated w/ the polish remover or else my needles would've been scratched. that was the hardest part for me.
    ____

Skipp
    Ok, I ripped apart the dash board, got the gauges out, put the red bulbs in, and they are not working! Do the bulb holder things have to be put in a certain way, or maybe a certain order. Cause I noticed each one is numbered. 70-72 and then 74, and 75!?!?! or maybe its not working cause i didnt plug in the dimmer switch? :x
    Please help

RED ..... good choice........ i did that to mine .... maybe you should try pluggin in the dimmer switch.... i had no prob with my bulbs not workin .... i pretty much figured it out

[i][b]<span style='color:violet'>"Im in the building and im feeling like yeeeeee"</span>

Skipp
    yea, i def. answered my own question, it was the dimmer switch. thnx anyway bro. I wish i could see what it looks like, i guess i gotta wait till it gets dark.

bro ?

IM A GIRL ! :evil: IM A GIRL ! :evil: IM A GIRL ! :evil:

LOL

[i][b]<span style='color:violet'>"Im in the building and im feeling like yeeeeee"</span>

:cheeselove: OH YAH BTW..... i luv the red lights... ull like em ... but i am ordering brighter reds .... so they match my stereo...... and i need to find my silver nailpolish to paint the needles !!!!

tim888tim
    Can someone with the red lights plz post some picts? Thanks in advance.

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tim888tim)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can someone with the red lights plz post some picts? Thanks in advance.</div>

yes pls i wanna see how this looks...i jusst cleared my needles today...luve the way it looks...

1st thing i like the say is Knight Those are great Intructions..I tried doing the Needles it didn't work i couldt clear them i used paint tinnier with a swab and rubbed it about 23 times and still Not fading but i put on my indaglo gauges in ,-D also i hit my Gas tank meter it moved but i put it where it was does dat mess up da calibration or something even if i put it where it was..
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>1st thing i like the say is Knight Those are great Intructions..I tried doing the Needles it didn't work i couldt clear them i used paint tinnier with a swab and rubbed it about 23 times and still Not fading but i put on my indaglo gauges in ,-D also i hit my Gas tank meter it moved but i put it where it was does dat mess up da calibration or something even if i put it where it was..</div>

i did that too but as long as u put i back wherr i was i dont think itll hurt too much

TWISTED II
    ok, i must be the only twit on here that can't seem to do this. i can build a 6G72 from scratch, but i can't clear my needles, hahaha. i got the red stuff off with paint reducer, and put in 5 blue 194's. but there is still red all over the place, so i have this redish blueish kinda weird whitish color goin on. looks horrible, lol. i dunno what i did. any ideas? thanx

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast