The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear Your Needles+Change Gauge Cluster Color (Pics)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 145
    Its about time I got to reading this thread.. well I have had cleared needles for over a year, using the Nail Polish remover method.. Very easy..

I saw earlier in the thread someone suggesting importintelligence.com I say NO.. check out this blast from the past..

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...ghlight=needles
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

SilverKnight
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>1st thing i like the say is Knight Those are great Intructions..I tried doing the Needles it didn't work i couldt clear them i used paint tinnier with a swab and rubbed it about 23 times and still Not fading but i put on my indaglo gauges in ,-D also i hit my Gas tank meter it moved but i put it where it was does dat mess up da calibration or something even if i put it where it was..</div>

Thanks i tried to make it as easy a possible to help out my fellow TGC'ers. To answer your question no it doesn't really matter on the gas and tempeture needles. i tried to lower the gas needle from the spot it was originally so that when it read empty i would still have at least 1/8 of a tank left but when i put every thing back in and started the car it just went back up to where it was previosely. Also its wierd that paint thinner didnt work. did you even try the nail polish remover at all.

twisted- if your getting some sort of red in there then you must still have a red bulb in there some where i couldnt see any other reason why your dash would still shine some red.

today i went to happy harrys and got some name brand nail polish remore and it woked !!!!!! it looks real good now.. But when i turn my light son it looks yellow/white shyts ugly so i got some Piaa Super/White LEds they look great but i think i might of paid to much.. what u guys think i paid $20:00 for 2 pairs of the leds.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    i got 5 LEDs for about $20.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>today i went to happy harrys and got some name brand nail polish remore and it woked !!!!!! it looks real good now.. But when i turn my light son it looks yellow/white shyts ugly so i got some Piaa Super/White LEds they look great but i think i might of paid to much.. what u guys think i paid $20:00 for 2 pairs of the leds.</div>

ya, happy harry's happily screwed you.

...U N D E A D...

index
    how do you change the color lights on the air conditioning panel to match?

Ollpen
    Ok, This looks like a plan since i cant get the reverse gauges to fit my Euro. Anyway, i have super bright blue leds (3800 mcd) that might work,
    but 2 questions regarding this:

1: As the bright LED spots the light, will it be the same light all over the gauges or will there be lighter/darker sections??

2: Whats the voltage powering the original bulbs? Dont wanna make any
    LEDs explode or something:)

Also, please post some pics about your works so i can see what to go for!

i just put in red replacement filiment bulbs...has anyone went from replacement colored bulbs to LEDs...is the brightness really noticeable? just want to make sure before i invest in a bunch of them

there is a definite difference in LED's :arrow: they are brighter. LED's are better than the regular (colored) bulbs
    ____

Ollpen
    Question still remains:

Will it be spotty lights using LED instead? Since they are projecting the light very concentrated.

What Voltage is comming out of the Gauge Light inserts?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ollpen)</div><div class='quotemain'>Question still remains:

Will it be spotty lights using LED instead? Since they are projecting the light very concentrated.

What Voltage is comming out of the Gauge Light inserts?</div>

yeah, i had to use 1 regular bulb and 4 LED's. for some reason, the light for the speedometer and guages to the right of it do not show at all w/ the LED. i'm not sure if it has anything to do w/ the concavity of the LEDs. mine concave out everything else shows up NICE.
    ____

Novs The Shadow
    i did my gauges and ac bulbs in red and it looks real good, only thing is sometimes my right ac bulb goes out but goes back on but ill fix that when it gets warmer.

Monkey
    Novs... how did you remove the ac bulbs?

Novs The Shadow
    I just took the covers off like a tutorial i had a link to that i thought was on this comp but its on my comp at home, ill post it tomorrow. the only thing that took alot of time was pulling the knobs off the gears and then setting up the knobs onto the gears so that u can twist the temp and position controls cleanly, meaning like so it doesnt stop before it gets to either end. the putting back on took bout 35 min. it feels like u might break them and u just might but it didnt break for me. after all that i used pliers to pull the actual bulbs out then put the two 74 size bulbs in there. ill post pics tomorrow of it.

Novs The Shadow
    i put photos of both my gauges and ac controls there. http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kdog_nwo9....com/kdog_nwo99
    the tutorial from club 3g is here http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthr...?threadid=17982
    i hope this helps someone.

phelixx1

Gas gauge?

My gas gauge is broken or something. I cleared the needles and when i put the cluster back on the gas gauge didn't move. Should i unhook the battery or something? I started the car and it still didn't move. Does it just move REALLY REALLY slow or what? Please help. Other then that it looks great!

phelixx1
    Should i go fill it with gas all the way and then move the needle myself or just see if getting gas will move it to the right place?

SilverKnight
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phelixx1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Should i go fill it with gas all the way and then move the needle myself or just see if getting gas will move it to the right place?</div>

Fill the whole tank up with gas then move your needle all the way up. just make sure you monitor the amount of driving you do in case the guage is broken and your not stuck out of gas somewhere.

leth4lproductions
    i dont see any pictures

hey i did that

i got the nail polish remover on the needles. question: was i supposed to take out the needles and then remove the paint or remove the paint while still on the gauges? and now my needle for the speed doesnt move with the speed that im going and i dont know how fast im going. wat do i do?
    R.I.P. My 8G car

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast