The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear Your Needles+Change Gauge Cluster Color (Pics)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 145
    For all of you using led's, here is a good way to make them "glow" more.

Take some sand paper and rough up the bulb, it will make the light diffuse more for a glowing effect, rather than and directional light effect. Since LED's are usually so bright, it should still be brighter than a stock bulb.

Mondo

Pics?

Pics in tutorial still not showing up.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

that was during the evening

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    for those wanting LED's (i had some and they're better than regular 194's)...take a look here..

Super Bright LEDs

i think this site has them for guage clusters. i'm getting some LED's for my corner lights.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

SilverKnight
    pics should be updated except for the first one still searching my computer for it.

Oh and divagalant you were not suppose to take the needles off. if you need more help or a new guage cluster email me at [email protected] and that goes for everyone else that needs help to.

stevievano2lk

having problems with my needles

i just want to say great mod. alredy finished it looks awsome. but i'm having trouble with my fuel gauge needle, im not really sure if it's reading correctly. any advice on fixing it?

SilverKnight
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stevievano2lk)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just want to say great mod. alredy finished it looks awsome. but i'm having trouble with my fuel gauge needle, im not really sure if it's reading correctly. any advice on fixing it?</div>

Thanks i just thought i would pass something on to the rest of the members for all the help and idea's that they have gave me. Also try what i recomended to another member below. vvvvvvvv

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverKnight)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phelixx1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Should i go fill it with gas all the way and then move the needle myself or just see if getting gas will move it to the right place?</div>

Fill the whole tank up with gas then move your needle all the way up. just make sure you monitor the amount of driving you do in case the guage is broken and your not stuck out of gas somewhere.</div>

I also think im going to start a new topic on How To Fix Your Broken Cleared Needles.

kingpimp87
    How do i change my AC bulbs? I tried clickin the link to the 3g forum but it didnt work.Also for the two buttons on the AC panel, wut size bulbs are they (they're tiny!)?
    Does anyone know how to change the bulb for the side mirror adjuster?
    I had the gas gauge problem when i cleared my guages but like you guys said, i filled the tank and it works fine now. thanks

gomer8g
    yes! that only took me about 30 min.. It only took 10 min. once the cluster was out. my needles reacted to the polish immediatly. cant wait til its dark so i can see it.....

gomer8g
    its night now and it looks so freakin awsome. i love it. it only cost me $9 for the lights. i recomend everyone to do this......

some of the pics are not showing, i would like to do this myself within the next few days (already bought the bulbs) but i'm the type of person that likes to know what he's doing before he gets his hands dirty. i have over 200MB of webspace so if he needs someone to host these pics, i'd be glad to. and linking is also allowed

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

damn, i did mine today, didn't take but 30 mins and it looks nice, i can't wait till it's dark. i'll post pics when i can I did blue with red needles. (volkswagen style)

i know, my camera sucks, the blue is much bluer (if that is grammatically correct)

i'm going to repaint my needles. a friend of mine said i can get a florescent red or sumthin like that which would make them glow, but so far i'm happy wit wat i got. thanks silverknight 8)

i tried filling up my gas and moving the needle but when i turned the car on the needle just dropped to about half way then stopped. speedometer doesn't work correctly either

is there anything else i can try myself?

hey silverknight you gonna get back to me on the guage cause i still need it

TGC Regular
    i dont know if he is still around man....

I did the tutorial today very very easy!!!!!!!! but the only prob i had was that my fuel gauge after filling the full tank hits the F albhabet ie goes beyond the full mark line... nothing major but yeah
    Also need to brighten the lite...probably LEDS:) gotta research about that...
    <span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>Geaux Tigers!!!!!!</span>

elieleb1303

ehh...

hey...great tutorial...one problem...i put red lights in n its not very bright, i cant see all the numbers n stuff on the gauges...do u know how it can be fixed?

Thank's for that tutorial guys....

I've tried it this week-end and it's pretty easy to take apart.

For clearing the needles I've taken some nail polish remover without aceton...because it eats plastic.....be careful....

look at the result .....painted them Gold with nail polish...and put some amber lighting bulb (194).....but there not that bright until it's dark outside :? ....maybe another type of bulb would be better....or some LEDs

I'll put some night pics soon...i promise
    Sly
    I don't pop it open for strangers...my hood of course ;)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    so you cleared your needles and then painted them back to yellow??

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast