The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear Your Needles+Change Gauge Cluster Color (Pics)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 145
    Yep.... ...didn't want to have a fuzzy color like purple or pink.... :shock: ......

In fact it's gold....the metalic finish doesn't seem to be noticeable on the pic.... :cry: ...

But in fact it's really shiny 8)

...wait 'till you see the night pic....
    Sly
    I don't pop it open for strangers...my hood of course ;)

Here's how it looks at night.....

Day

Maybe i'll putt some LEDs instead....it's not bright enought for my taste....

Is there another way for brightening them...like changing a resistor ?
    Sly
    I don't pop it open for strangers...my hood of course ;)

wadecounty8g
    never thought of doing this until now

can u clear the # on the spedo with the nail polish remover???
    She reads at a sophmore level....

Is the stock non-GTZ gauge faces / bezel (basically the entire area that is greenish-blue) one piece? It looks really ugly and I want to replace it with at least the GTZ version, but without doing anything to the lights. Anyone wants to sell his / hers?

GTZ has the same ugly ones you have. From like 02+ Just get a 99-01 guage bezel from ebay, it will cover the teal ugly color.

Noob question: do I have to remove the needles? I've heard bad stories about the needles screwing up after you replace them.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhema83)</div><div class='quotemain'>Noob question: do I have to remove the needles? I've heard bad stories about the needles screwing up after you replace them.</div>

I just did my gauges and i had some problem with the temp needle. I broke it. But its still works just fine. Just mke sure that you take a good look at where the fuel needle is before you remove it so you can put it back in the same position. Of you can just do what I did and fill the tank till fuel was running out and then when it gets to F your good

i took apart the guages, and cleared the needles: absolutely no problem. now, i wanted to paint them with a green color, so i figured why not use my girlfriends nailpolish. well, the nailpolish doesnt really work... does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use? im not sure if it would work, but i was gonna maybe try using "sharpie" markers. all input is welcome

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xrs2)</div><div class='quotemain'>GTZ has the same ugly ones you have. From like 02+ Just get a 99-01 guage bezel from ebay, it will cover the teal ugly color.</div>

actually im pretty sure GTZ's came with White Guage faces.

Experienced TGC Member
    ya wat do i do now.. my fuel gauge is stuck at F and it wont come down. if i do it with hand bring it down middle. it goes back up to F. any idea?

BrnxCrzyAss

hey

yo i tryed clearing my needles yesterday nd it worked it looks mad hot nd it was so easy...

Quote Originally Posted by cardude03
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrs2
    GTZ has the same ugly ones you have. From like 02+ Just get a 99-01 guage bezel from ebay, it will cover the teal ugly color.
    actually im pretty sure GTZ's came with White Guage faces.
    Nah I have an 02 GTZ, and they are greenish/teal. I am not sure about the 03 GTZ tho.

Jackfrost770

Re: 8G: Clear Your Needles+Change Gauge Cluster Color (Pics)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverKnight)</div><div class='quotemain'>

With a couple of cotton swabs dip the cotton swabs into some nailpolish remover and gently remove the orange from the needles. Â*be carefull not to saturate the needle to much with nail polish remover as it sort of melts/eats the plastic on the needle i dont know why but it did it to me.
    </div>

I dont know what type of nail polish remover you was using.
    Nail polish remover isnt strong enuf to do that. If it was then it would eat through nails too. :twisted:

And I dont know how you can get all the yellow paint off of the needles with just a cotton swab I even tried taking all the cotton off of the swabs and I still couldnt get it all of. I had to use some tissue paper and toothpicks. :shock:

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    when i cleared my needles...i used that other method where i scratched the orange off with a blade...instead of using the nailpolish remover. this technique was very easy to do...

i did mine today w/ blue bulbs, looks sweet

Awesome topic, never thought of doing something like that untill now.
    Today went to the local automotive shop called Repco, sadle they dont have any bulbs that are of desierd to me colour, but what they did offer to me is a solution in form of colourful CONDOMS used for bulbs, basicly its a rubber that you pull over your existing bulb in order for you to get a desierd look.
    I went for red, and here are some pix of those small condoms, and before and after pix. Now my needles are orange in colour, but when the dashboard lights up needles blend it with the colour, so dont really have the need of clearing them and painting, however might do that some time later in order for the needles to gain more aggressive look by painting them red.

The blue rubber covers are the once that were originally pulled over me bulbs, but the colour only appeared in white on the gauge, after replacing them with red once, the colour is 100% changed and waaaay betta.

Its about the cheapest and the only alternative i could find, so no LED's No Bulbs, just mini Condoms lol

And here is BEFORE

And AFTER

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

very easy mod...thanks for the tutorial....

YAY

I went to AutoZone yesterday and bought 3 packs of 194a Blue! Installed it in 10 mins.. and I love it!

Great Tutorial!

Thanks! :twisted:

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    I just did mine with nail polish remover and I got about 99% of it off. some that was right on the edge next to the plastic needle holder i couldn't get off even when i tried a razor blade on it. Will post pics of it with my S7 gauges soon. Also put the 194B bulbs behind the cluster for a lil extra blue color.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast