The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear Your Needles+Change Gauge Cluster Color (Pics)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 145

Reconnection

I was wondering how you reconnect the gauges back into the dash. I tried lining the white clips up for like 10 mins but i can;t get them into place. Is there some easy way im overlooking?
    support perfection buy a mac

MJ2002
    hmm clear needles, never knew they existed! can you order these needles for diff. cars also? I might put it in my other car

Is there any way to make the pictures show up on the first page? I only get the first and the finished picture.
    Last edited by tamim13; 07-08-2008 at 06:21 PM

thanks here is mine:

Adis99, what kind of bulbs did you use to get it so bright?

those are led bulbs from pepboys...

How many L.E.D.'s on each bulb,,,,that looks awesome,,, great job by the way.

4 on each
    thanks...

yeah im doing this right now the nail polish remover doesnt seem to be working :-(

Ill update when im done

Galanto2
    hmm mine done seem as bright as most of u guys on here is also havin the same problem as me....the bulbs that i got (which r the exact same as the one shown on tut) isnt bright enough n only parts of the guage is well lit then other parts...is there any other L.E.D bulbs that i could use to help brighten it out evenly?.....o2 galant

My RPM isnt working, when i turn on the car it jumps a lil and when i turn off the car it jumps back down. but thats all it does. How do i fix this?

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

cool....just cleared mine with the nail polish remover. I put the nail polish on the q-tip and dabbed some on the needles....let it sit for a min and repeated the process agina....then wiped with a new q-tip with nail polish remover on it and almost all of it came off. Ofcourse the little clip around the needle wouldnt come off with the q-tip but a couple of toothpicks dipped in nail polish remover worked great and I didnt have to worry about scratching them. Took about ten minutes or so. Neat mod. Up graded to brighter white lights from advance auto. Here is what it looks like now @ night:

The needles look regular in the pic but they are cleared. I will take a pic of them in the day tomorrow.

Looking for brighter white bulbs I have 194 white ones for now...
    Not a big fan of how the bottom of the needles look now.
    Debating on what to do with the needles now....color? Maybe a coat on the needle where the clip is...something reflective? idk.

I did change the gear selector light to blue....couldnt decide if I wanted blue or white?
    (they all light up but I was driving while taking the pic....you know being safe, LOL)
    Is there a way to change the color of the actual dot that tells you what gear you are in?

^ I think this is what you mean so here you go.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34818

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    does anyone know how deep the sockets are for the LED's? Or in other words how tall the LED can be and still fit in the gauges? Thanks

Thank's for that tutorial guys, it looks alot better. Only problem is, just like with speeddemon, my fuel gauge is really off. The line reads half a tank of gas when the tank is actually almost empty, thank god my gas light came on. Hopefully theres a fix, not too big of a deal though.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    i either drove with the clear lens off and put the needle to where it first lit up, and/or i filled up and put it to full then put the needle back on.

however...in the long run, i just bought new (well not really brand new, but one from ebay) a gauge cluster. hated the fact that the gauges told wrong readings.

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    Better than what I did.

I took OFF the needles, popped them out and dipped them in remover. Dried them off, and repeated. Looked so good but now I cant find my RPM needle, my engine temp gauge doesn't work and my gas gauge is off as well :l.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

sweet, i got them to work alot better, if not completely fixed. I filled the tank to full, took the needle off and barely put it back on. The needle then jumped wayy passed F again, i took it back off and put it on the F. it seems to be working just fine now, thanks alot guys.

does anyone know how to get to the ac bulbs and the size because i wanna put leds in there?

i suggest you use the search button but heres a link that tells you the bulb size.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...hlight=ac+bulb

Theres a thread on here somewhere that shows you how to get to the bulbs.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast