The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sprint springs help...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24
    onefastcavi

Sprint springs help...

I recently put in sprint springs in my car and now the car seems to the same or even higher then stock ride height. do they have to settle? if so then they would need to settle like 3 inches...did i do something wrong? and before i pit the springs in, it would clucnk over bumps...i thought it was the struts in the front so i put kyb gr2's in the front. but now the clunk is worse and it pulls to the right, anyone know what this could be?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    well you need an alignment if it pulls at all. i put my eibach sportlines on and it lowered it as soon as i took the car off the jack stands. it only settled like 1/4" after driving on it for a week...

what kind of drop are the spring springs supposed to give you? mine clunks every once in awhile. It did a lot at first so I took the suspension apart and put it back together and it stopped. Make sure all the bolts are tightened back to oem torque ratings..
    7g for life!

onefastcavi
    the website said 1.8 inch drop and its still jacked...the pulling to the right dosent feel like alignment, it pulls hard, almost to the point i have to fight it...

u sure u installed it right ... didnt bend no rods or anything... maybe put the springs backwards on one side of the car...???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

onefastcavi
    i dont think i put them on backwards on one side, it all sits level but really high....the possibility of bending something is there, i was kinda rough with it after the 9th and had to rip everything back out which took another 2 hours...

galAZNt
    did u put the front springs in the back and the back springs in the front???

Senior TGC Member
    Did you align the spring perches properly when you were installing them? If you don't your top cap will impact the vehicle body and cause that clunking sound. Is it still pulling after you've had alignment done? After changing springs your toe angle will change, I'm sure you already knew that.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Auto-9)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did you align the spring perches properly when you were installing them? If you don't your top cap will impact the vehicle body and cause that clunking sound. Is it still pulling after you've had alignment done? After changing springs your toe angle will change, I'm sure you already knew that.</div>

I dropped my car with sprint springs and KYB AGXs.
    I noticed the diff and so did my mechanic, he was like it looks way better. I dropped 2in and this was about 3 months ago.

I also got the 4 wheel alignment done the same day. Also wen i came out of the shop i turned twice, and i would also hear a clunk. Well i went back to my mechanic and he test drove it with me. and i didnt make anymore noises it happened to be that the springs probably werent sitting right and than after a couple of turns they sat right on the shocks lip.

Its been 3 months and the car i think has dropped a little more especially in the front end it looks lower than originally. 8)
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

xSILENTx
    GalantKev how are the sprint springs on your car. i'm gonna order a set this week. Do they ride nice and did the get rid of your wheel gap.

-Jav-
    I have Sprint spring w/KYB AGX's. The ride is great and the drop looks good IMO. The back is dropped more than the front cuz of the box I have in the trunk. check out my pics. they are kinda dark but u get the idea

http://photos.yahoo.com/javster95

onefastcavi
    jav, nice g...where did you get your tie rod bar? and what size rims do you have?

GalantGuy96
    maybe u put them all upside down

GalantGuy96
    or maye u got another thing than what u ordered, like wrong car.

onefastcavi
    its impossible to put them in upside down, they all fit perfect and they all look like there where there supposed to be...

-Jav-
    I got the tid rod from www.procarparts.com for the 95-99 eclipse and my rims are 18"

Do you have v6 springs and own a 4 cyl?

3in is waaaayy off..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

onefastcavi
    the 7g's never came with a 6cyl...at least im pretty sure they didnt

Experienced TGC Member
    I dont think any springs settle more then a 1/2". The clunking could be a lot of things from the springs not in propper position, to the bushings.

For the longest time I hated this set of coilovers I had because they were so noisy..only after I took a good hard look did I realize I had the top bushings in wrong...they were quiet after that just too bouncy so I pulled them off and cut my stock springs =D
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

xSILENTx
    I just got my sprint springs installed a a few days ago and mine doesnt look like it dropped at all either. i'm hoping they settle or i'm just gonna cut my stock springs and put them in. I also have a loud clunk in the back when i hit bumps.Anyone know what it could be.

Are these sprint springs for the 99+ Galant or 00+ Eclipse?

I have installed Progress, Intrax and GC Coilovers and have always noticed the difference once the car came off the lift/jack.
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast