The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clutch Problem

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    maggyban81

Clutch Problem

I replace my clutch about 2 weeks ago. However, since recently the gears feel a bit tough; I have to put some effort in changing gears. My fluid is great and I am experienced with sticks. What do you guys thinks is the problem? Do you think they did not do a good job at putting it in?

Nick VR4
    Was it a uprated clutch ?
    As this can cause not problems but it will feel different
    Maybe try bleeding the system you may have air in it

Or go back to the place that did it and tell them

maggyban81
    I do not really know; all I know is that i bought clutch at autozone and took it to the tranny shop. I brought it back and they said that it was normal. So i would guess it's uprated....What are the different kinds of clutch by the way? Can you tel me a bit about uprated clutches? Are they low quality or what? WOuld you recommend them?

Thanks.

Nick VR4
    Upgraded Clutches
    You have to press harder on the clutch pedal and feel notchy going from gear to gear
    I would have thought Autozone would tell you if its a uprated one
    Maybe its just because you have a new clutch it feels different as the old one was worn badly ?

maggyban81
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'>Upgraded Clutches Â*
    You have to press harder on the clutch pedal and feel notchy going from gear to gear Â*
    I would have thought Autozone would tell you if its a uprated one Â*
    Maybe its just because you have a new clutch it feels different as the old one was worn badly ?</div>

Well, at the shop they did not find anything wrong with it. I guess it was the kind of clutch. Thank you guys.