The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CV joint

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Mindless

CV joint

The CV joint on the drivers side of my car is gone. I would like to replace it myself. Does anyone know how hard this is to replace?

I have the same problem but I have a 8G...my question in if the boot just broke can I just replace the boot only?

Mindless
    I think you CAN if you can find just the boot, but I went by Auto Zone and they don't carry just the boot. Plus the whole thing was like $80 so I figured what the hell.

thanks I found the boot @ Napa Auto Parts.....

Dogdish

cv-joint

If i'm not mistaken, once you hear the click, click, click, associated with a wasted cv-joint, it is futile to change just the boot. I believe there is grease inside that boot that keeps the joint greased at all times. Now, if you happen to be underneath the Galant inspecting your cv-joint boots and notice a tear, then you can just replace the boot as long as the noise has not started. Click, click click, that is.

Re: cv-joint

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dogdish)</div><div class='quotemain'>If i'm not mistaken, once you hear the click, click, click, associated with a wasted cv-joint, it is futile to change just the boot. Â*I believe there is grease inside that boot that keeps the joint greased at all times. Â*Now, if you happen to be underneath the Galant inspecting your cv-joint boots and notice a tear, then you can just replace the boot as long as the noise has not started. Â* Click, click click, that is.</div>

No noise yet...just saw the tear