The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust question?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Alister_McRae

Exhaust question?

Ive been hearing and seeing alot of messages on the board on catback exhauts. My question is, what exactly does a cat-back give that your have average custom exhaust doesnt do?

And my second question is, what does a glass pack resonator actually do the stock one doesnt do already?

Senior TGC Member
    I dunno about your second question, but to answer your first question we must first assume when you say "average custom exhaust" you mean non-mandrel bent cat-backs. What most mandrel-bent cat-backs and many aftermarket cat-backs have as an advantage is that they're mandrel bent and in some cases they really are tuned for the specific car's power optimization.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

first of all. the catback is so much easier to install. u can pretty much install it with simple hand tools. no need to weld no cutting nothing like that. with a custom setup, you gottta bend pipes, weld do some cutting etc etc. with a cat back u just remove your old exhaust and bolt on the new one. you proably have all the tools in your tookbox right now...a couple or wood blocks or a good jack will also be needed to raise the car up a lil so u can work under it.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.