The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: install/kit/tuning $much for a turbo or superchrgr

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

install/kit/tuning $much for a turbo or superchrgr

alright i live in california bay area, my car outhandles most of my freinds yea thats cool but on the straights they kill me i have 99esv6, ive seen that one turbo kit for around $2000 for that much how much horsepower will i get? i want a shitload but i dont want to explode my tranny, so for the best bang for the buck including everything/tunning/kit/install how much would it run to get it turbod, or supercharged. and how much whp would i get? im really leaning toward selling my car, but i do love the looks of the g-ride i jst want stick and more power

escoson
    your not going anywhere with $2000.00, atleast not turbo or sds. ebst bet would be ripp mods sds system, low comp pistons, cam shafts, etc... all parts would cost you around $6000.00 (for sds, cams, pistons, fmic, etc.) you would be able to boost a little more since you did internals as well. install for everything between $1200-$2500 (depending on the shop) you could easily get 260whp with the sds and internals. you dont need to do internals if your gonna leave the compression at what ripp has it set at. i think its between 6 and 8 psi. this setup would probably give you around 220whp give or take a bit.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    hmmm.......thats not entirely accurate. Im gettin a whole entire motor built for my car car around $5,000....... so $6,000 for a turbo or supercharger kit/install is kina steep. You can get the turbo kit from xtech engineering for $2,800 and get a S-AFC to control ($300) your A/F ratio and safely produce about 245hp at the wheels. In the future you can then upgrade your pistons, rods and get a FMIC and run more boost. The install will prolly run $600-$1,000 depending on the shop. Tuning is key to having a strong running motor. Boost doesn't kill motors, people kill motors. Norcal ran their stock stratus @ 14psi on stock pistons and rods and it ran strong. Tuning is essential. You can run up to 8-10 psi of boost on a stock motor and be safe as long as its tuned and maintained properly. Get some gauges, always know whats going on indside your motor. Find a shop that has done turbo installations before......you get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i know it wont be 2g

i saw the kit for about 2-3gs i know its not going to be that cheap

brandon
    Create your own kit and buy used parts, that could keep you in the range you're looking at.

hey ATX where you stay at in the bay im down here in san jose maybe we could meet up theres some shops around here that are pretty good but im going custom kit and me and my boy are gonna do the install
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

im in los gatos

im in los gatos, i dont have enough money for a turbo right now but am looking around cause i hope to get one in the next few years, i met one guy in san jose with a galant name brandon this u?

ey i think we met along time ago in san jose one night off of bascom road you were with a group of people looking for the street races lol ive got a white ES with white rims
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

mjc1055
    hey guys actually i think escoson's right... it is gonna run around 6 grand or so for the SDS plus installation etc., ive seen somewhere on this site that somebody who actually has the SDS spent around that much to get it going... and yeah if you want serious speed outta your g then 2 g's isnt gonna cut it. by the way im up in sonoma county north of SF, maybe i'll see you around sometime

leadfoot
    if you go with the SDS get higher compression pistons i emailed ripp and one of them over there said that there would be no need for lower copmression pistons he reccomended higher compression pistons for the SDS app if you get the lower compression pistons your just lowering your hp from the motor and geting it ready for boost i personaly would try to get all that i could of my motor N/A with out over doing it and then get a stage 2 SDS i think that's what shane already did but he had a turbo set up correct me if im wrong but i THINK he said he ran a 11.5 with his galant. oh and shane is the one with the 5 speed tranny swap and it's i4.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah shane put down some impressive numbers. I don't agree with your theory of high comp pistons with the SDS. If you go N/A then yes high comp is the way to go, however SDS is forced induction, you want lower comp pistons so that you can run higher boost from the SDS. SDS is boost, just in supercharger form, not turbo. Lower comp ration means you can cram more air into the cylinder which equals more power.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Yeah shane put down some impressive numbers. I don't agree with your theory of high comp pistons with the SDS. If you go N/A then yes high comp is the way to go, however SDS is forced induction, you want lower comp pistons so that you can run higher boost from the SDS. SDS is boost, just in supercharger form, not turbo. Lower comp ration means you can cram more air into the cylinder which equals more power.
    It depends on what you call "high-compression." To me, high compression is 12.5:1 or higher, which is, without INCREDIBLE tuning, some form of alchohol/water injection, and some C16, nearly impossible to boost on. However, I am boosting a 9.8:1 compression motor, and will be boosting approx. 7lbs, running on 93 octane gas, and putting approximately 250 hp to the wheels on an otherwise stock 2.0L 4cyli. You just have to make sure your air charge is cool enough, and you are getting enough fuel in there.
    Low-comp boosted motors are just easier to tune, basically a fuck-it i want boost but don't want to mess with it too much kind of boost. Boosting 7lbs in a 7:1 c/r motor and boosting 7lbs in a 10:1 c/r motor will obviously give much different results, in this case the 10:1 motor would rip the other to pieces.
    Turboing is not simple, and one should never try and reduce it to that, because that is when stuff breaks.

And only 220whp on a V6 under 8 lbs of boost? Wow you guys are missing out.

i believe leicoolya's puts out about 245whp on only 5.9 boost...
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net