The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SDS emissions legal....

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Alister_McRae

SDS emissions legal....

I dunno if this is old news or not, but i work with a guy who is apart of club 3g, which is really exciting cause i told him about tgc and he knows, and its really cool to have someone to work with who is into the same type of cars. Anyway, he has the ripp sds, and i was asking him questions about it, and one in particular about emissions and what did he do to pass it. He said, that when he got his emissions done, he put on his stock headers, and stock exhaust and he passed it just fine even with the sds on it. I dunno if this is old news, but i thought it was cool. Now im thinking about getting one...

In order to pass emessions I just slide a Benjamin to my smogger and he gets another V6 car and smogs that.
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>In order to pass emessions I just slide a Benjamin to my smogger and he gets another V6 car and smogs that.</div>

LA costs more... benjamin better have two friends dressed to match him. CA smog results are transmitted directly to the DMV so they gotta do more... and after the first 4 years you gotta smog, then every other year after that.

Monkey
    Smog! Damn I miss L.A... the only city in America where scaming is a way of life...

My uncly owns a shop where he has the smog machine... He would just use the same engine, and just type in your vin #...

Faction
    hehe i love living in florida, we dont have emissions test here, we pretty much do anything we want

bam462
    i live in maryland and just had emitions done to my montaro and while i was there i asked about if a sds would pass on my 200 galant and he said it would. from what he said they only test for 1 thing on a 2000 and an sds would not fuck it up. i dont know what they test for, once i heard that it would still pass i stoped listening (i heard all i needed to here lol) guess it all depends on year of your g and your state you live in

Experienced TGC Member
    ^Well I live in Cali. The state with the stringest emmision standards in the world. It really just an insult to any modder out their.

It would seem that a SDS would in fact make you fail. I mean more intake=more exhaust. And more exhaust = more emmisions. So on paper its a straight out fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK
    ^Well I live in Cali. The state with the stringest emmision standards in the world. It really just an insult to any modder out their.

It would seem that a SDS would in fact make you fail. I mean more intake=more exhaust. And more exhaust = more emmisions. So on paper its a straight out fail.
    WRONG....if the SDS is properly tuned, as in any FI system, they will burn cleaner then most NA car...I do emphasise "Properly tuned"

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah [Reborn
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK

WRONG....if the SDS is properly tuned, as in any FI system, they will burn cleaner then most NA car...I do emphasise "Properly tuned"
    Ah, so it is in fact possible, I was wrong. Well thats good news for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bam462
    i live in maryland and just had emitions done to my montaro and while i was there i asked about if a sds would pass on my 200 galant and he said it would. from what he said they only test for 1 thing on a 2000 and an sds would not fuck it up. i dont know what they test for, once i heard that it would still pass i stoped listening (i heard all i needed to here lol) guess it all depends on year of your g and your state you live in
    Yep, when I had my emissions checked last time, they had just changed over. The only thing they did was hook up to my OBDII and run some tests. No more dyno, and no sniffer. I'm not sure what MD is doing, but as long as I can pass with headers and my Dynomax, I'm happy.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.