The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Galant makes "Maxim's All Star Garage" list

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Airbus A320

The Galant makes "Maxim's All Star Garage" list

This is in the October 2003 issue of Maxim magazine that will be shipping this month.

"MITSUBISI GALANT LS V-6 $23,347
    Best for: Going to 7-eleven, Taco Bell, and Blockbuster.....all during a commercial break.
    ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW: (3.8-liter,230 bhp V6) Long respected for its functionality ans durability......Bo-o-o-ring!....the Galant has been reengineered with a longer wheelbase (108.3 inches), 16-inch mags, and an engine powerful enough to smoke playa hatas rolling in many higher-priced competitors. Now the Galant has finally earned Maxim's respect"

They show a pic of an 8G in this article but they are talking about the 9G.

recognition, thats what i'm talking about!!!
    Semper Fi'

Airbus A320
    Too bad they are only giving respect to the 9G thats not even out yet. The 6,7,and 8G's get no love. :x oh well...screw em

It's funny because every car magazine loves the 9th Gen Galant not one magazine has anything bad to say about it! I guess when you got a 3.8 Liter V6 pushing 230hp the fact that car is ugly gets ignored.
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Airbus A320
    so true

galant00
    i wonder if it will depriciate fast? i think it will..what about u guys ??

the 6g72s on V6 galants was on the 3000GTs, those made 220hp..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2000GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>the 6g72s on V6 galants was on the 3000GTs, those made 220hp..</div>

yeah but that version of the 6g72 is DOHC, our 3.0L is SOHC.

It's true. I just saw the article in Maxim. Mo props! :mrgreen:

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Quote Originally Posted by GalantT3
    It's funny because every car magazine loves the 9th Gen Galant not one magazine has anything bad to say about it! I guess when you got a 3.8 Liter V6 pushing 230hp the fact that car is ugly gets ignored.

Yeah I still don't get how such a big engine only produces 230HP. Doesn't the new Accord remain to be 3.oL but produce 245. Max is 3.5L and its 265 :?: :?: what gives?

8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by GalantT3

Yeah I still don't get how such a big engine only produces 230HP. Doesn't the new Accord remain to be 3.oL but produce 245. Max is 3.5L and its 265 :?: :?: what gives?

mitsubishi america fucking sucks as when it comes to performance from tha factory thats what gives....juss like the honda b/h/k series engines puttin our crank horsepower = to displacement and our shit comes nowherr close
    b16-160 bhp
    b18-180bhp
    h22/h23-220/230 bhp
    k20-200bhp

galant 4g64 2.4-140bhp (and it doesnt even come manual and we loose fuckin 40+ hp thru the bitchass autto tranny) :evil: