The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hey massachusetts, need ur help.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    gost2002es

hey massachusetts, need ur help.

i have been recently told that if you have a flowmaster muffler on your car in the state of mass, you will not pass inspection and i have even heard that it is now illegal in this state? everyone with flowmaster muffs, have you had problems with cops/inspections?

Senior TGC Member
    It may be that aftermarket mufflers are illegal; it shouldn't be targeted against a specific brand.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

gost2002es
    but i have heard that flowmaster is legal in all 50 states but then my friend tells me that this is the only state that they are illegal now. my friend is also an inspection guy and has a rule book the size of the bible.

Nascimento
    Not true....... Flowmaster is basicly the same as any other free flow muffler out there.... They actually make a number of different lines (aerospeed, matrix, etc... ) Anyway there isn't a law yet but the state is try to make a clean air/ noise reduction bill that would make any type of muffler modification illegal. However there are many speed shops, performance junkies and also normal everyday muffler shops that are protesting....

The interesting part is that it doesn't just effect the import guys but it also would make it illegal for those american muscle folks such as: mustanges, corvettes, and even truck lovers....

So I don't think that it will pass but write a letter to make sure it doesn't....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nascimento)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not true....... Â*Flowmaster is basicly the same as any other free flow muffler out there.... They actually make a number of different lines (aerospeed, matrix, etc... ) Anyway there isn't a law yet but the state is try to make a clean air/ noise reduction bill that would make any type of muffler modification illegal. Â*However there are many speed shops, performance junkies and also normal everyday muffler shops that are protesting.... Â*

The interesting part is that it doesn't just effect the import guys but it also would make it illegal for those american muscle folks such as: mustanges, corvettes, and even truck lovers.... Â*

So I don't think that it will pass but write a letter to make sure it doesn't....</div>

You might be surprised. It passed in Virginia and is being enforced quite vigorously....And since MA and VA are both a commonwealth and not a state, they can pretty much do what they please.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

gost2002es
    i hate this fucking commanwealth.