The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shaking

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    cremeans2326

shaking

Don't know if anyone knows what's going on with my car... I certainly don't...
    I paid someone to lower my car, putting on eibach springs, and ever since, I shake when I accelerate. It has gotten worse since it was first lowered, and so I took it to Mitsubishi dealer, before warranty would run out, and they checked things like tranny, and said that it must be related to lowering of my car???!!!!

Have no ideas, I ask others and everyone gives me some other reason why it's doing it... Don't have the money to just replace everything, if I did, I'd just get a VR4!!!!

Plz help...
    99 ES V6

Senior TGC Member
    If you're talking about the shaking during the initial 3-4 seconds of acceleration, I think Burthold posted a great hypothesis on why it happens. If you're talking about your car shaking all the time I don't really have an answer.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

yofadahead
    i think you need an alignment.

roman
    yup, you better make sure you get an alignment after you lower your car