The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Where to buy strut braces?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Kecke

Where to buy strut braces?

Hi guys!

I want to buy strut braces for my car and would like to get som adwise on witch one to buy? I have a 8 gen Galant from -98 Europen model 2,5 V6. Se pictures below. Please post me the links to where i can buy them and tell me what you think of them?

Ps. If anybody know where i can buy the Altezza tail lights
    WITH ORANGE COLERED (Red not legal in Sweden) turn signals?
    Please post me a link?

Best regards
    /Kecke from Sweden

akiraflux
    not sure if euro spec are any different chassis wise...but here

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20016

those fit the US g's. i'm buying one as soon as i'm not fuggin broke.

and i'm pretty sure other foreigners have come in here lookin for altezza's. none of them are euro/uk legal as there are no rear fogs and the colors of the lights are different and the only possible way to change the color would be to break open the tails (not suggested)

akiraflux
    oh and from waht everybody says about strut bars (This includes all people with different cars i've seen comment on it) it makes your cars handling feel so much better. added to a drop and you're "riding on rails"

Quote Originally Posted by akiraflux
    oh and from waht everybody says about strut bars (This includes all people with different cars i've seen comment on it) it makes your cars handling feel so much better. added to a drop and you're "riding on rails"
    are they better than freedom design ones? http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Desc.cfm?...odelDesc=Galant
    Diego

akiraflux
    Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    Quote Originally Posted by akiraflux
    are they better than freedom design ones? http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Desc.cfm?...odelDesc=Galant
    $30-40 cheaper. it's not like the things are rocket science and there's different technology.

Kecke
    Thanks for the answers guys!

Does anybody know if there is a company in the UK that have strut bars for my car?
    The shipping and tax would be a great less expensive becouse UK and Sweden are EU countrys.
    Of course the best thing would be if anybody in here is from Sweden and know where to buy them in Sweden.

/Kecke

Kecke
    Quote Originally Posted by and i'm pretty sure other foreigners have come in here lookin for altezza's. none of them are euro/uk legal as there are no rear fogs and the colors of the lights are different and the only possible way to change the color would be to break open the tails (not suggested)

[img
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
    :puzzled1: Lets se if I got this right:
    The only way to change the red glass for the turn signals are to brake the glass covering all lights?
    Becouse im thinking of buying them and let someone here in Sweden build/make orange colored glass to fit where the red glass for the turnsignals are today.

/Kecke

gala(nt)ctic
    kecke : the turnsignals.. don't bother adding a orange lens.. just make shure it blinks orange

and I think that you can make them legal in sweden.. and.. why shouldn't they be legal? except from the turn signal color.. (that has to be orange).. order em and make em blink orange, and then it's all good

Hey who had the link on there sig that allowed us to get the 5 percent discount on the strut bar? I think the freedom bar is nicer looking and you get free shipping anyways plus the discounts so around 84 dollars or so your looking at. Compared to 60 plus shipping.

Thanks,
    mike
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim