The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stock springs

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

stock springs

aight guys i dunno bout searching this but i was talkin to my fasha and was thinkin... what if i take the springs i have right nwo and some clamps or w/e from Lowes and make the springs come together.. and make the car lower... will it work? has anyone ever tried it? thanks Or anyother way of dropping it like that on stock..
    Diego

Faction
    you mean leaving spring compressors on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Faction
    you mean leaving spring compressors on them?
    yea th eidea is to get something to hold the springs a lot more together and keep stock ones but the height lowering ya know? its possibe to try and springs shouldnt snap or ntohin right?
    Diego

Senior TGC Member
    I'm gonna say...I dunno. But I'm going to lean in the against direction. If you ever bottom out do you know how the springs will react?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

CT_GalantV6

Re: stock springs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>aight guys i dunno bout searching this but i was talkin to my fasha and was thinkin... what if i take the springs i have right nwo and some clamps or w/e from Lowes and make the springs come together.. and make the car lower... will it work? has anyone ever tried it? thanks Â*Or anyother way of dropping it like that on stock..</div>

When you do that, are you going to then tell people that you have Eibach Pro-Kit????? I believe doing that would be at the very least borderline RICE. Not to mention that its just a bad idea.. I'm not trying to bash you, we all get crazy ideas at some time or another.

To answer your question, YES it will work, it will lower the car. BUT, it will ride like shit, and you WILL NOT be happy with it. Besides, the Pro-Kit is only $200.

IMO, dont do it.

Re: stock springs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CT_GalantV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>aight guys i dunno bout searching this but i was talkin to my fasha and was thinkin... what if i take the springs i have right nwo and some clamps or w/e from Lowes and make the springs come together.. and make the car lower... will it work? has anyone ever tried it? thanks Â*Or anyother way of dropping it like that on stock..</div>

When you do that, are you going to then tell people that you have Eibach Pro-Kit????? I believe doing that would be at the very least borderline RICE. Not to mention that its just a bad idea.. I'm not trying to bash you, we all get crazy ideas at some time or another.

To answer your question, YES it will work, it will lower the car. BUT, it will ride like shit, and you WILL NOT be happy with it. Besides, the Pro-Kit is only $200.

IMO, dont do it.</div>

I agree dont do it, it doesnt sound good. Springs wont break but the clamp may.

Kids nowadays Lol
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

its gonna work. but when u go over a bump or something, the spring is gonne compress even more and the clamp might rattle. and yea, things are pretty tight down there and so you'd need a pretty small clamp. with that said, clamp that small, the spring compressing all the time, you're gonna end up breaking the clamp every few thousand miles

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

aight well its just those cheap ways of droppin dat my dad thought of.. .but thanks for all the ideas.. im goin wit ground control coilovers i belivee... i still cant decide... i dont have the money so i have a while to decide
    Diego

CT_GalantV6
    Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    aight well its just those cheap ways of droppin dat my dad thought of.. .but thanks for all the ideas.. im goin wit ground control coilovers i belivee... i still cant decide... i dont have the money so i have a while to decide
    There you go, thinking the right way. Save up for a real kit, wether it be coilovers or differant springs. You wont be sorry. Plus when people ask about the drop you wont be embarrased and have to 'act the fool'. You will know what you put on the car and have a knowlegable answer. Knowledge is power!