The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust for VR4

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    MattsVR4

Exhaust for VR4

Does anyone know where I can purchase a mandrel bent 2.5" cat or turboback exhaust for my 92 VR4?

ken inn
    how much you wanna spend? certified makes a complete system, ss or aluminized. i just installed an rnr racing o2 eliminator downpipe(400/shipped), random technologies cat(254/shipped) and a certified aluminized catback(299/shipped). go to the vr4 board, www.galantvr4.org and look for martin copping, he can get you a deal on a certified including shipping. my system is 2.5, and the downpipe is stainless. you can get cheaper hi flo cats, but i dont think any work as well as the random cat, or you can run a test pipe. the downpipe was a bitch to install, because the bolt holes were off. also, you will have to cut part of the lower heat shield off to clear. another option is the victory performance o2 eliminator housing, and the standard certified downpipe. this will make it a lot easier to remove the downpipe if you have to get at the transfer case. and you WILL have to get at the transfer case to do stuff like clutch, axles, etc. getting the stock o2 housing off with the turbo on the car is a bit difficult. if you dont use the heatshield, your alternator will die. this exh feels like i gained 50 hp. BUT, i also have supporting mods. AND, the magnaflo muffler is LOUD.