The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I Dropped it TOOO MUCH!!!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    galantY2K

I Dropped it TOOO MUCH!!!

Hey guyz,
    i installed TIENS with a 1.8 dropp, but know I cant install side skirts its too low. I am riding on 15"s. If I install 17"s would that help me?

thanks

Elwenil
    I would think not, since typically the rim size changes, but the over all diameter stays pretty much the same. I'm assuming that you bought the Tein springs, and in which case you still have the factory style strut which will limit how tall a wheel and tire combo you can use. With a coil-over set up I imagine you could get a taller wheel and tire with a larger diameter to get you off the ground more, but then you throw off your speedometer and cruise, and I dunno what other problems it may cause. I'm not sure if you can tinker with the computer to adjust it for tire size or not. Perhaps someone else can answer that. I know I've seen where others here have put 19s and 20s on their G, but I don't know exactly what all they had to do to get them on. Search around a bit and you should be able to find their posts. Hope this helps a little.
    Later...

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    well my 19s were within a half inch of the stock wheel for total diameter. they were of course a little bigger. im not so sure about 20s tho, but im sure you dont want 20s. or it may not really be obtainable for you. I say go with coilovers. i know that you already bought the springs, but unfortunatly, I think thats what you are gonna have to do. dropping them too low was my biggest fear. then I heard about coilover with completely adjustable drop.

...U N D E A D...

galant2nr
    What size tire are you running on your 15" wheels?

That doesn't seem right. My Galant is dropped 2.2" up front and 1.8" in the rear, and I had no problems putting side skirts on. I have 18" rims, but the overall diameter shouldn't be much different than yours. Did you buy Tein springs for an Eclipse or Galant? If they are for the Eclipse, you may have ended up with more than a 1.8" drop. Also, Do you have a V6 or an I4?

galantY2K

drop

My tires are 205-55-15, I took them off already I hated them. Again they have only 500 miles on them, lookin for the best offer, Thanks guys

i had the same problem with the Eibach kit that i got from the Group buy here that Mante held. After i put my 651 style bodykit with the sideskirts and after putting on the springs the sideskirts were WAYYY too close to the ground. Right now im riding on stocks with that huge gap in the front. Im not sure if these springs were for the galant even though the GB claimed that they were. The springs didnt not have any tension when they were put on and the drop looked liked more than 1.8 inches. Have anyone else had this problem with this group buy. Im looking for some coilovers now whats outhere? Prices? Thanks

Re: drop

Quote Originally Posted by galantY2K
    My tires are 205-55-15, I took them off already I hated them. Again they have only 500 miles on them, lookin for the best offer, Thanks guys
    that is your problem.
    you may want to increase the tire height. I think you are looking for a 235-45-15 (height-width-inner diameter i think)

Dont quote me on that but look at the stock tire size and adjust the numbers accordingly

I have a 2.2" drop on 17" wheels tire size is 215-45-17 and i have room for skirt install.

Fellow members please verify my statements

The first set of numbers on the tires is the width of the tire in milimeters, the second set is the sidewall height in mm, and then a letter for what rating the tires are, then the last number(s) tell you what size rim they are for in inches... so 205-55-Z15's would be 8 inches wide, a little more than 2 inches tall, and rated for high speeds on a 15 rim. Hope this helps out some...

the second number is the aspec ratio of the height and width of the tire if you place a 225 45 18 next to a 215 45 18 the 225 will be a bigger tire
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com