The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Xtech Turbo Kit for V6 GTZ available

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    EdLoRPI

Xtech Turbo Kit for V6 GTZ available

Hey all - there's a turbo kit out for the 6 cylinder 8th Generation Galant GTZ. As you may or may not know, the GTZ shares the same engine and drivetrain with the Eclipse GT, Stratus R/T and Sebring LXI. I've been following the progress on their kit thus far and it is very promising.

The company is called Xtech (http://www.xtecheng.com). They came out with the kit implementing a simpler design than Doug's kit. (There are many horror stories about Doug's kit...poor design with the 6 cylinder kit in 3rd generation Eclipses.)

They offer a Stage I kit ($3200) and a Stage II kit ($TBD). Difference between the two, Stage II has a front mount intercooler.

The Stage I kit dyno'ed at about 237 hp AT THE WHEELS with 1 piston out. That's roughly 250 hp at the wheels with all 6 pistons working ! At the crank, it should be close to 280 hp! The kit is tuned to run at 6.6 psi on stock internals. Currently, the kit has been installed on 2 cars - both having logged quite a few thousand miles on daily drivers (both Eclipse GT's).

Here's the kit (Water to Air Intercooler isn't part of the package):

Contact info:
    Xtech Engineering
    3021 Woodland Dr.
    Ames, IA 50014
    Phone: 866.55.XTECH

If you have any questions about the kit, e-mail Chris at:
    [email protected]

Just tell him EdLoRPI referred you and you'll be taken care of =)

-Ed

i've heard about this turbo kit for months now. just a question, are these kits custom built or what. i mean the engine bays between the galant and the eclispe are kinda different and some modifications have to be done, ie. the piping. does it come premodded or does the installer have to do this work?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

EdLoRPI
    I believe the kit should be easily adapted by the installer, but I'm not sure. I'm sure you'll get a better answer asking Chris since he designed it. What I do know, is that someone with a Galant V6 is having this kit installed in their car as I was told by Chris.

-Ed

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    i've heard about this turbo kit for months now. just a question, are these kits custom built or what. i mean the engine bays between the galant and the eclispe are kinda different and some modifications have to be done, ie. the piping. does it come premodded or does the installer have to do this work?

Quote Originally Posted by EdLoRPI
    I believe the kit should be easily adapted by the installer, but I'm not sure. I'm sure you'll get a better answer asking Chris since he designed it. What I do know, is that someone with a Galant V6 is having this kit installed in their car as I was told by Chris.

-Ed
    I talked to Chris about this like 5-6 months ago. You can be sure most of the people here already know the 3G Eclipse/2G Stratus Coupe/ 8G Galant share the same platform. I was one of two Galant Center Members to actually seen inside the factory where all these cars are built

Anyway, thanks for posting this info for the newer people who may not know about it! Its always good to see things come back up :thumbsup:

I like Chris and Xtech now i just hope he makes a I4 turbo kit.

The Guy with the V6 Galant getting the Turbo is a member here but i haven't seen him post in a while now.

Black2k1GTZ
    How big is the turbo???? Also what the hell is that metal stuff to the left of the turbine??? It looks like a cheap heat sheild or something...

But $3200 for a turbo set up...and only 280hp to the crank...thats not exactly great value for money...you could go with a 6 pack throttle body for around $2500 and get around 300hp

Marc :mg:

00GTZ00
    Quote Originally Posted by Black2k1GTZ
    How big is the turbo???? Also what the hell is that metal stuff to the left of the turbine??? It looks like a cheap heat sheild or something...

But $3200 for a turbo set up...and only 280hp to the crank...thats not exactly great value for money...you could go with a 6 pack throttle body for around $2500 and get around 300hp

Marc :mg:
    Have they shown any dyno #'s for the 6-pak yet or is the 300hp all speculation?

stephen7983
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1

-Ed
    I talked to Chris about this like 5-6 months ago. You can be sure most of the people here already know the 3G Eclipse/2G Stratus Coupe/ 8G Galant share the same platform. I was one of two Galant Center Members to actually seen inside the factory where all these cars are built

Anyway, thanks for posting this info for the newer people who may not know about it! Its always good to see things come back up :thumbsup:

The Guy with the V6 Galant getting the Turbo is a member here but i haven't seen him post in a while now.
    There are I4 turboy kits check http://www.ddynopower.com/ They have turbos for 6 and 4 cylinders there. I was checking their page and I was amazed on how fast they made this 95 eclipse gsx turbo. It ran the 1/4 mile in 11.3 seconds or so with stock weight.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen7983
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1

-Ed

There are I4 turboy kits check http://www.ddynopower.com/ They have turbos for 6 and 4 cylinders there. I was checking their page and I was amazed on how fast they made this 95 eclipse gsx turbo. It ran the 1/4 mile in 11.3 seconds or so with stock weight.
    I've known about Doug's I4 turbo kit for a long time now, i would just like to see Chris and Xtech produce a Turbo kit for the I4s he is a good guy and does good work.

Shadow
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EdLoRPI)</div><div class='quotemain'>I believe the kit should be easily adapted by the installer, but I'm not sure. Â*I'm sure you'll get a better answer asking Chris since he designed it. Â*What I do know, is that someone with a Galant V6 is having this kit installed in their car as I was told by Chris.

-Ed
    </div>

The Guy with the V6 Galant getting the Turbo is a member here but i haven't seen him post in a while now.</div>

Dave,

I don't post much, but I'm around.

I'm still waiting on the downpipe and connecting pipe from Chris (Xtech), but I have the other parts. I had hoped to have it installed before the NOPI Nationals, but I am putting off the install until late October, early November. As soon as it is installed I will post pics and dyno figures.

Marc,

The turbo is a T3/T04B.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Dave,

I'm still waiting on the downpipe and connecting pipe from Chris (Xtech), but I have the other parts. Â*I had hoped to have it installed before the NOPI Nationals, but I am putting off the install until late October, early November. Â*As soon as it is installed I will post pics and dyno figures.

Marc,

The turbo is a T3/T04B.</div>

THERE YOU ARE!! Sorry i keep forgetting your name....but i'm glad you saw this!!

What do you think of Xtech overall? From talking to Chris a few times he seems to have a good thing going over there! And i can't wait to see your Galant whens its done!! Hell i'll drive to Richmond, VA just to see it!!

Take care Marc!

Kingman
    it will be well done, the metal around it is a heat shield(remember turbo's use exhaust gas and generate heat.

Also the kits should be going out shortly, Most of the plumbing should be the same as the headers are the same for the 3g and 8g.

BTW the 6 pack dyno'd a little over 220hp at the wheel.

Shadow
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Dave,

I'm still waiting on the downpipe and connecting pipe from Chris (Xtech), but I have the other parts. Â*I had hoped to have it installed before the NOPI Nationals, but I am putting off the install until late October, early November. Â*As soon as it is installed I will post pics and dyno figures.

Marc,

The turbo is a T3/T04B.</div>

THERE YOU ARE!! Sorry i keep forgetting your name....but i'm glad you saw this!!

What do you think of Xtech overall? From talking to Chris a few times he seems to have a good thing going over there! And i can't wait to see your Galant whens its done!! Hell i'll drive to Richmond, VA just to see it!!

Take care Marc!</div>

Dave,

You don't have to drive all the way down here....I'll send you plenty of pics. :winky2:

XTech is great. They seem reliable and Chris has been helpful and seems very sincere. He has suffered some setbacks that weren't his fault, but he has been apologetic for all the delays.

The Marc part was for Black2k1GTZ(Marc) in reference to his question about the turbo, sorry for the confusion (shouldn't have posted it like that).

-Kris

Senior TGC Member
    Aye Chris is a really nice fellow...I remember when one of the turbo customers had problems and was slamming complaints against XTech Chris didn't even snap.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison