The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Level Ten Performance Transmission System Question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    paco

Level Ten Performance Transmission System Question

Ok, I am going to supercharge my car at the begining of next year and I was planing on getting the tranny bulletproofed after the SC. Now my question is: Are there any advatages if I get the tranny bulletproofed before I install the SC? What's going to happen? Is it going to shift faster, better? What am I going to feel different? Thanks in advance. PEACE

leadfoot
    if your going to spend the money on " bulletproofing " your tranny dont get a 3g eclipse 5-speed swap. with a performance clutch and june flywheel and shorted gear ratios the level ten tranny upgrade is pure bull i have not talked to one person that has had good things to say about level ten because after 1 or 2 years the tranny blows or is worthless.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    D.B.T.H.......Don't Believe The Hype ! All i hear about is level ten trannies blowing left and right. They are a fraud. You would be better off giving me $3,000 and being disappointed, its the same as going with level ten. Do the 5 speed swap, much cheaper, more reliable, more fun. Need I say more ?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Man if anyone knows about the L10 imma raise my damn hand. I had my auto tranny bulletproofed by them, turned that thing to soup after about 6months. I eneded up getting my money back and just doing the 5spd swap.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    Man if anyone knows about the L10 imma raise my damn hand. I had my auto tranny bulletproofed by them, turned that thing to soup after about 6months. I eneded up getting my money back and just doing the 5spd swap.
    And how has your 5spd held up so far? And how much are you spraying/boosting?

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    And how has your 5spd held up so far? And how much are you spraying/boosting?
    The tranny has held up way better than expeceted, but i have been takin it pretty easy since its only a couple months old.. Right now im still all motor, but i do have plans for boost in the next couple months, just trying to decided on a turbine size. HOping to put a LSD in the car before the year is out..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.