The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NEEDED INJEN INTAkE INSTALLATION FOR WOMEN

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    galantY2K

NEEDED INJEN INTAkE INSTALLATION FOR WOMEN

hey guyz,
    how the hell do you install an injen intake for a 200o Galant ES. I bought this thing on ebay and no instructions provided.

first thing you do is look up the radio code for your car. if you have your stock unit or have a aftermarket one that needs one. you'll need it.

then take a 10 mm wrench or socket and disconnect the negative terminal off the battery. i'd put some masking tape on the negative terminal so you don't cause a short somewhere while workign in the engine bay.

open the air box. it is held in by 4 clips. once it is open, remove the air filter.

look at the MAS, on one side is the airbox. on the other side there is the upper intake pipe and a hose clamp. loosen the hose clamp. remove the MAs and the upper airbox from the upper intake pipe.

disconnect that lil hose that goes into the upper intake pipe from the intake pipe.

follow the intake pipe up to the throttle body. there is anotehr hose clamp there. loosen that and wrestle the upper intake pipe out of the car.

now its time to remove the bottom portion of the airbox.

you will see the air inlet funnel. its helpd in by two clips. if its teh stock clips, push down on the center of the clip and pull the clip out. if its not the stock clips or that doesn't work, use brute force and pull it out. it won't come out all the way since its still coneccted to the lower aitbox. there are like 4 bolts or so that hold the lower air box in. remove them and the lower airbox should come out. there should also be a lil bracket for the lower airbox. it should still be bolted onto the car. you don't have to remove it but do so if u want.

now for the install.

look at the upper airbox cover. its held onto the MAs with 4 bolts. remove those bolts. take care to not damage the lil honeycomb inside of the MAs.

once that is out, take the MAS adaptor plate. the rectangular thing with 4 holes and bolt that onto the MAS. the new intake should come with the bolts. if not, you're gonna have to go to the store and but new bolts with some locking washers.

then clamp on the fitler to the MAs adaptor plate.

now go to the throttle body. take one of the silicon sleeves and put it on the throttle body. if its a new injen, and more than likely it is, it should be the elbow shaped one. then slip on two of the hose clamps. finally slip on the intake pipe.

connect that lil hose that you removed from the old intake pipe and connect it to the new intake pipe. if your new intake comes with a prettier hose, install that one if u want.

now slip the last silicon fitting onto the MAS. it will only go on one side since the filter is on the other. again, put two of the hose clamps on that. then slipe the MAS onto the pipe.

the pipe should have a place to bolt onto your car. i don't have a i4 so i dunno where it is, but yea bolt the pipe onto your car. its optional but safe that you do.

once everything is in place. tighten up the hose clamps. on the throttle body, one should go on the throttle body and one on the pipe. on the MAS end, one for the MAs and one for the pipe.

take a look make sure that everything is in place. make sure that the MAS is plugged in. make sure that the filter is on the side with the MAS adaptor plate. make sure that all the filttings are tight. make sure you didn't leave any tools in the car. then take the tape off the battery terminal and recconect the batttery.

get in the car and start it up. don't touch the gas pedal. let the car sit there for 3 or 4 minutes. after 4 minutes the SES light should go off, if it ever came on. also take this time of watiing to reprogram your radio. put in the code, if need be, and program all your favorite radio stations.

shut the car off adn close the hood.

you're done~!

<span style='color:red'>disclaimer:</span>

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

whoops
    I was posting at the same time as you Pinoy
    your directions are more thurough

lol
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

galantY2K

intake

thanks for the info, I do have a stock radio, how do i get the radio code

galantY2K

intake

it should be with the manual for the car
    it should be on a little card...its 4 digits
    if not then you have to go to the dealer and have them get it for you based on the vin number of the car...prolly will charge ya too
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Re: intake

Quote Originally Posted by galantY2K
    it should have came on a red and white card from the dealer. your sales consultant should have told you "keep this card in a safe place and don't lose it"

if not, then visit the dealer.

Senior TGC Member
    Here's my instructions, sorry I do not have pictures. I bet though that someone will soon come along with better instructions and pictures to help you out. Keep in mind I had an AEM, but I think it's about the same.

1. They say to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery, but I did not do so because I lost my radio code and didn't want to have to put it back in later. Your car may not require the radio code anymore, if so you may disconnect the battery.
    2. To remove the factory intake, there are 2 hose clamps: 1 that secures the flexible pipe to the throttle body and 1 that secures it to the MAS sensor (a square thing with a wire plug on the side closest to the engine and connects to the factory airbox). You will need to loosen these in order to remove the intake.
    3. Continuing to remove the intake: To remove the funnel it's secured by 2 push clips. You can do what I did and force them out of the holes with a lever, or if you can manage to pull the tab in the center of the clip up it will release the clips.
    4. Next, you will see that the factory airbox is secured by 3 bolts. Remove all 3.
    5. Unplug the MAS. The plug uses a clip on the bottom I believe to secure it to the sensor. Just squeeze and pull it out.
    6. You will see a hose that connects to the middle intake pipe. Yank it off.
    7. Pull the intake pipe away from the throttle body and the MAS.
    8. You will need to separate the MAS from the airbox. It is secured with 4 screws.
    9. Now to actually begin installation of the Injen There is a pipe that looks like your factory pipe, that connects to the throttle body and the MAS. Go ahead and slip the 90 degree rubber elbow (I think you should have one) onto the throttle body and push the intake pipe into the other end. Make sure that you have slipped on the 2 hose clamps, but do not tighten just yet. Reconnect the hose you yanked onto the little nub.
    10. There should be a little short elbow, it connects the MAS to the pipe you just installed. Go ahead and hook the MAS and pipe together. Remember to slip on the two hose clamps before you try to push the MAS on. Then, reconnect the sensor wires to the MAS.
    11. The kit should have included a little piece of bent metal to hold the MAS to the engine. If you don't have it, your intake will shake apart eventually. When you find it, one end goes on the MAS (should be the shorter end), and the other end will fall naturally on where you need to screw it to the engine. When you figure out where the mounting location is, remove the screw so you can screw the other end in.
    12. If you have the short ram intake, you're almost done. You should have a MAS adapter that screws onto the MAS that connects to the cone air filter. Slip on the hose clamp onto the air filter and push it onto the adapter. Once everything looks ok, tighten up all the hose clamps, reconnect the battery if you disconnected it, and start up the car.
    13. If you have the cold air intake, there's just another step. It's the same as above, but instead of sliding on the air filter, slip on the extension pipe. My suggestion is to go ahead and install the air filter onto the other end first, but some people like to install it last from under the car. I don't There should be a little extension piece off to the side of the pipe. This is to secure it to the body of the car. You should have a little rubber mount that goes on the bottom of the piece. Screw it on. Once again, tighten things up, reconnect the negative, and start the car up.
    14. If everything is ok, you're all finished. Way to go without pics

I also looked up K&N's instructions. They're for the Eclipse and their own intake, but since the design is similar you shouldn't have too much trouble. Go to http://www.knfilters.com/typhoon/69-6501.pdf
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

see guys. this si the power of the search tool.

look what i found.
    click click

im mad at myself now. :cry:

bam462
    if the radio code is not in your booklet then a mitsu dealership will have to uninstall your radio and find your code from it, they cant get your radio code from your vin # trust me ive been there 2 times(a galant and a montaro sport) it will cost you thow i beleive it was around 60 dollars, its not covered under warrenties but that wont even be a ? since you have a 2k and your warrenty is probly up. hope this helps

quick off topic post: for V6, the injen CAI rubs against something while the AEM one doesnt?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2000GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>quick off topic post: for V6, the injen CAI rubs against something while the AEM one doesnt?</div>

the new injen intakes (been out for over a year) shouldn't run agains the battery post. its the old ones that did