The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo or supercharger and headers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23

Re: Mitsiman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mitsiman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I beleive Vision Imports are still waiting for someone to provide a vehicle for a discountd turbo kit to be fitted to there car. Â*

We know the turbo kit will fit up but we want to triple check that everything fits up correctly.

The kit will be using a GT-28 ball bearing turbo, internal wastegate and provided with our 300cc injectors, piggy back computer etc.

If you are interested defintly speak to Vision Imports to arrange a time and speak about pricing.

David Thomas
    www.rpw.com.au</div>

I talked to Matt down there and I put up a post about the Test Fit Car. He never got back with me about a Price. If I hadn't already ordered my headers I would have taken the Car down to him. but iam also holding out for another type of Charger from Down Under :twisted:
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

silvex

how long do they last...

kinda dumb question.. but how long do these turbos last?
    how long can the mitsu engines handle the power?
    because i heard turbos or superchargers are hard on the engine
    so their life is much shorter than stock engines....
    do headers have the same effect.?

Re: how long do they last...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you had money...i'd go for all 3. supercharger turbo and nos. but yea going back to reality, you got to think about when u want all this power.
    ....</div>

funny u mentioned that pinoy, i have actually seen this done on an AWD audi A4 turbo... and ironically enough that car got wrapped around a telephone pole because of , u guessed it, more power than the driver could handle. the super charger handled low end and the turbo handled high-end (the supercharger was run on a pulley w/ a disengaging clutch) and the N2O just added spice all the way through.</div>

damn thats hurt. but yea i just thought abuot it, u can put on a 6 pack too. but yea thats overkill. ur gonna have big ass traction problems.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silvex)</div><div class='quotemain'>kinda dumb question.. but how long do these turbos last?
    how long can the mitsu engines handle the power? Â*
    because i heard turbos or superchargers are hard on the engine
    so their life is much shorter than stock engines....
    do headers have the same effect.?</div>

turbos can last long. it all depends on teh condition you got it in, the conditions you put it through and how good u take care of it. i mean i know of people using used 1g eclipse turbos in their cars and its running fine.

as for handling the power. yea the mitsu motor can handle the power. do a lil upgrades here and there to make the turbo a worthwhile upgrade and you should be str8. but yea its how u drive your car too. i mean a turboed daily driver would most likely last longer than a all race turboed car. just because u don't put the car in that many stressful conditions

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12