--------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    better pic? materials used?
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>better pic? Â*materials used?</div>

1" square aluminum tubing from homdepot, cut to fit, beat the ends down flat with a sledge hammer, drill holes EXACTLY to fit there cant be any play in the bar when its slipped over the bolts or it defeates the purpose..install.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    aluminum tubing? hmmm. dont know how strong that would be. we're taking about just a little flex here, aluminum tubing flexes pretty easy. i just sprang the $40 for the Tenzo-R rear lower tie bar for an eclipse. its super light and strong, and it says Tenzo-R on it which adds 4hp

http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

clone2020
    peanotation,

Was the tenzo-R bar easy to install?

Jack up the car, unscrew the bolts, install the bar, and screw it back on???

-MIKE.

Experienced TGC Member
    There inst that much flex down there in the first place. And when it flexes it kinda tries to pull apart, the bar just helps it stay stable. In the position that the bar is in it cant bend with the lower cross memeber. Besides you could just pick up 1" square steel tubing at homedepot for $8 and do the same thing if your that worried the aluminum isnt strong enough.

I had a real lower tie bar from ebay...I feel no change since switching to the el cheepo method so im satisfied. I'll be selling my factory made overpriced lower tie bar if anyones interested..
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    sounds good to me. looks like i have a project to do this weekend
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    sounds good to me. looks like i have a project to do this weekend
    BTW its harder to crush the ends down then you would think on the aluminum...so it will be a real bitch to do on the steel tubing ifanyone decides to use that.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

galantin
    did you guys notice any difference with the lower tie bar installed? i installed an upper strut bar in the front and the front end felt a little more "solid" so i was pleased with my $24 ebay purchase.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galantin
    did you guys notice any difference with the lower tie bar installed? i installed an upper strut bar in the front and the front end felt a little more "solid" so i was pleased with my $24 ebay purchase.
    not really for the rear, but i felt a difference for the front. the rear is just there as another goodie on the rear of my car asking for people to race me
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Same here front is where the action is. Didnt notice a damn thing with the rear its pretty solid back there to begin with, I just had nothing beter to do with my time so...I invent =D If only I could build a homemade $5 transmission with lego gears!
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

sethmo
    ^ :lauging:

I still havent gotten around to doing that, didnt feel the need lol

smashedg
    what strut bar fits the 7g
    and rear sway bar
    front " " "

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    galantin i got a $33 strut bar from ebay and heres what they sent me..

FLAT AS HELL. whats urs look like

well my friend gave me for christmas a front bar and rear bar from the eclipse models which supposely fits our i have not had the chance to install
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

mattonbass
    okay im sure this has been asked i was wondering if anybody could post a link on here where i can get a Nice upper strut bar for the front (on top of the engine in case im calling it the wrong part) I just got this galant and my friend showed me this site which i love. very informative! So if anyone could help me that would be great! :shock:

TGC Regular
    search for "strut bar", thats what its called.

or go to the mitsu dealer, and buy an 00-04 eclipse oem strut bar, make sure to get the brackets along with the bar itself, 3 pieces total.

EDIT:: oops, i see u have a 97. well, ur gonna have to ask the 7Gers then, cuz i sure dont know, and dont even remember reading anything about them.

Quote Originally Posted by cardude03
    search for "strut bar", thats what its called.

or go to the mitsu dealer, and buy an 00-04 eclipse oem strut bar, make sure to get the brackets along with the bar itself, 3 pieces total.

EDIT:: oops, i see u have a 97. well, ur gonna have to ask the 7Gers then, cuz i sure dont know, and dont even remember reading anything about them.
    For the 7g you can use any strutbar for the 2g Eclipse, just turn it upside down.

Mine is an arospeed bar made for the 2g eclipse, and what a difference it made after it was installed.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

mattonbass
    Thanks dude. where did you get your arospeed?- ME LIKES! how much can i expect to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by mattonbass
    Thanks dude. where did you get your arospeed?- ME LIKES! how much can i expect to pay for it?
    I dont see it on there website at the moment (http://www.arospeed.com) but I bought mine off another member, I think he said it was like $45-60 new.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>