The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: review of my CAI (and other news)

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    00GTZ00

review of my CAI (and other news)

Well I received my CAI yesterday and installed it last night. I love the new sound of the engine. WAY more agressive when you get on the throttle. The install was easy, took about 20min to get everything done. One thing that I did do was install the MAS upsidedown so that the "screw" is facing up for easy access. This way I can just pop the hood to adjust the screw. the pic below is the one that I bought off of ebay for $40.00. Overall very pleased with the results.

Also when I installed the CAI I noticed the my front engine mount is trashed (I could see through it) so I am going to be ordering the Ripp front engine mount today. I might also need the tranny mount, I need to go check it also (it's skweeking).

<----- off to spend more on my car!

Senior TGC Member

Re: review of my CAI (and other news)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'>Also when I installed the CAI I noticed the my front engine mount is trashed (I could see through it)</div>

I don't know if you have seen one of the OEM mounts before, but it has 3 slits. They're not liquid filled mounts I didn't know mine were broken until I replaced them anyway and saw my front mount and it looked great, but when I twisted it the rubber shredded
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

00GTZ00
    Ya the rubber is trashed on it. and I THINK that the trans mount is shot also. But I am going to wait to look at it after I install the front mount. I just ordered it from Deyeme Racing, priority mail. so hopefully I will be able to put it in on sat or sunday

clone2020
    A while ago, I ordered a kit exactly like that from "XOXOPARTS" on ebay.

They were supposed to send me this kit.

They sent me this piece of $h1t kit instead. (similar to but not actual kit)

It looks like "autoracs1" at least includes the correct size rubber cuffs.

Nothing fit. The rubber cuffs fit on the pipe but not on the throttle body or the MAS. Also, the cone filter didn't even fit on the MAS adapter. The hose going to the engine was all jacked up and there were no backets to mount the damn thing.

Just venting...please continue...

: )

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    Quote Originally Posted by clone2020

They sent me a piece of shit kit and nothing fit.

LMAO..... :laughing:
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGSHUN
    Quote Originally Posted by clone2020

They sent me a piece of shit kit and nothing fit.

LMAO..... :laughing:
    by the way clone, i'm not laffing at you, just your last line. it was funny to me.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports