The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: true or false?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    FinalLast

true or false?

My dad always told me never slam on the gas too hard..
    he claims that when you accelerate too quickly
    you damage the auto tranny.
    so he goes never buy cars from young people because they tend to have leadfoot
    and what he meant by damage the auto tranny is .... he says somehow you wear something out quickly.. and tranny begins to slip more and because weak... car because slower...

have anyone else heard of this?
    is it true?

00GTZ00
    sounds like someone doesn't want to to street race or speed!

GalantLadie
    ive heard driving hard strains the engine but i never heard anything about it messing up the trans :?

00GTZ00
    I can see you jacking up the tranny if you are allways doing nutral drops everywere you drive.....

whenever you make something work harder than it really has to, you are pretty much causing a strain.

when u slam on the gas, you're not only causing a strain on the tranny, but on the motor and other parts on the car. like the tires and the brakes.

my suggestion, be easy on the gas. use the slamming of the gas pedal for like racing or exhibition. i used to be really leadfooted. i just started getting easy on the gas and i'll tell you this, not only has my fuel economy increased dramtically, but my passengers say that the ride quality has gotten better. they're not getting jerked around in the seat as much.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    Jackrabbit starts might not necessarily damage the transmission itself (but I doubt it's going to escape unscathed), but it will strain the drivetrain. I've seen busted axles and CV joints from constant hard starts. It's like someone constantly twisting your arm...but imagine with 100+ horsepower and torque.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison