The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mitsu's achilles heel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 22 of 22
    headache/kemist: I only had (AEM) Cam Gears after it was dyno tuned it did yeild a gain of 6whp and almost 15-20 torque. thats in addition to all the other addons (alot)

As for the post about PnP the intake/head etc There was a plan for a GB maybe 2 months ago here in Maryland one of the Stratus guys took lead on that project. Turns out it turned it gained only 2whp for 350 not much of a increase for the dollar.

As twisted and headache stated nothing bolt on will be seriously significant sorry just not going to happen. The best bet for both platforms i.e i4 and v6 is to do the bolt ons then try to free up as much hp that the motor already makes...pulleys, crank pulley (rumored dangerous), Cams ( stage 2 or 3), CAm gears (dyno tyned ONLY) aS FoR thE exhaust and intake dont bother just makes your car sound faster lol

00GTZ00: Headache didnt mean they literally got 10 whp by adding a intake

Side note Im so damn glad to see nobody mentioned headers as a great modification I would have went nuttz

Anyone want to do something that will add top end setup a RAmAir setup, you will thank me!

Elwenil
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>As for the post about PnP the intake/head etc Â*There was a plan for a GB maybe 2 months ago here in Maryland one of the Stratus guys took lead on that project. Â*Turns out it turned it gained only Â*2whp for 350 not much of a increase for the dollar.</div>

Here's a thought. How much time did they put into the port and polish? If they did just a general gasket matching and cleaning up to unshroud the valves then they may not have gotten all the gains possible. I know that for someone to port a head and see real improvement they need to have intimate knowledge about that particular head. Without a lot of time, a lot of junk heads, and a flow bench you may not see much out of it. I know if I take a set of my 906 big block Mopar heads to a machinist that only does mostly Chevy engines that I won't get much for my money, because he will do what works on a GM head, to my Mopar head. Also, someone who is really good with my 906's might not be worth crap when it comes to my small block Mopar Magnum heads. Time and a flow bench are the only way to get noticeable gains, and even then it may simply come down to the fact that Mitsubishi has gotten most of the power available out of the head without incurring major machine time that slows down production and drives up the cost. Think of a flow benching your head the same as dyno tuning your whole engine.
    I haven't touched my engine yet, but I thought I'd do the usual mods (CAI, header, wires, etc.) just for show, rather than the HP gains. Being at a show and looking at a stock engine just isn't that interesting. Later on I'm really concidering this swap to the turbo and head off a 2g Eclipse, because they seem to get a lot of power out of that set up. But I need to learn a lot more about my ECU and the turbo deal before I touch it. Maybe by the time my warranty is out. In my opinion, just out of the box, the 5 speed swap seems to be the best for getting any "seat of the pants" feel. I think the 5 speed would make better use of the power our engines make, and not lose so much to friction and the torque converter. Which brings me to another point, does anyone make performance torque converters for our trannys? I know a shift kit would be a bit much, but wouldn't it be kewl to bark second with an auto in your g? Just a few thoughts...
    Later...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12