The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Power Antenna question...

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Power Antenna question...

Ok..I installed a radio and it doesnt have a wire to make the power antenna to go up...is there a way to by-pass this, install a switch where i can raise and lower the antenna manually with the switch?
    Marcin P.

ANSA Exhaust
    Apex Springs
    KYB AGX struts all the way around
    (slowly working on more things)

Speed doesnt need beauty ~ Me

bmxpert1
    i dont know about putting a swith in but i know that if the radio has a amplifier remote wire on it, that should trigger the power antenna to come up. im pretty sure about this but u might wanna make sure with someone else first.

any radio built in the last 10 years will have some provision for powering up things remotely.. wether its an antenna or an amp.
    if you dont have anything listed as an "antenna" lead, look for one called an "amplifier" lead.
    its nothing more than a 12 volt, low amperage signal.. it doesnt matter what its used for.

Right on...ill just slpice a switch into it, cause i do have a amp lead with 2 amp leads goin from it. But I will try this and tell you guys what happens.
    Marcin P.

ANSA Exhaust
    Apex Springs

Well the switch idea worked and now i can lower and raise my antenna anytime I want to, when listening to cd I just lower it, its great.
    Marcin P.

ANSA Exhaust
    Apex Springs