The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Symmetrical Tires Rotation

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Senior TGC Member

Symmetrical Tires Rotation

Does anyone know how to properly rotate symmetrical tires? Normally on a FWD car they cross the front tires and move them to the rear, and move the rear ones up front without crossing. With symmetrical tires though how would you cross the tires? Wouldn't you have to remove them from the wheels and remount them?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

wait...symmetrical tires as in directional tires? you just move them FL-RL FR-RR. They will still be rotating the same direction.

tim888tim
    The best thing to do would be to go to a shop and have them do it for you. You do need to dismount two of the tires to cross them to the other side. This can only be done at a shop. You should also put a little mark on one tire so that you can make sure that they do actually cross them over and not just switch the front and back.

Nick VR4
    Symmetrical -This means that you can rotate it anyway you want to. It does not have to drive in any single direction.

Asymmetrical Tread Design — Non-symmetrical design. The design of the tread pattern changes from one side of the tread face to the other, in order to have two or more different types of tread patterns on one tire for better overall performance.

Directional Tread Design — A tire designed to rotate in only one direction for maximum performance, especially on wet roads.

All Directional tryes will have a arrow on the side of the wall stating this

here's a nice lil page on rotating your tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/gen...eral/rotate.htm

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    Yep pretty much what Scootin' told me
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Lane03
    Hehehe, tire life would suck if you had a car with directional tires and tires that were a diffferent size from front to rear, as you couldnt rotate them.

yofadahead
    not really, you'd just switch sides. like integra said.

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yofadahead
    not really, you'd just switch sides. like integra said.
    No, you cannot When the tires are directional and different sized, you cannot move them front to back anymore because they're different sized You also cannot swap right to left anymore because they're directional and you'd have to dismount the tire if you wanted to rotate hehe.

yofadahead
    misread. i'm an idiot. just don't read what i write anymore.