The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air Filter

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Air Filter

I'm looking for a better Air Filter or one of those K&N kits that you put after the Filter. (I read here that the one for the Eclipse also fits my '90 Galant 2.0 GLSi)

I'm a total n00b at Air Filters.
    What is the best solution for my engine? One of those kits, or a replacement filter, or maybe both.

And I don't want to make it too expensive.
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

Anyone? :-S

ramell86
    I have a K&N air filter on my 89 2.0L DOHC, and it ran me around 35-40 dollars if i remember right. I do not have an intake kit just the stock airbox, and i can definately tell a little bit more of a kick with just the airfilter. From what i know, the intake kits wont really help with power just a little more throttle response and a louder sound.

I would just go with a K&N filter and skip the new kit, but thats just my opinion since since any kit (cold air/warm air) would cost quite a bit more.

post back to tell me/us what you decided on

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ramell86)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a K&N air filter on my 89 2.0L DOHC, and it ran me around 35-40 dollars if i remember right. Â*I do not have an intake kit just the stock airbox, and i can definately tell a little bit more of a kick with just the airfilter. Â*From what i know, the intake kits wont really help with power just a little more throttle response and a louder sound. Â*

I would just go with a K&N filter and skip the new kit, but thats just my opinion since since any kit (cold air/warm air) would cost quite a bit more.

post back to tell me/us what you decided on</div>In that case I want the filter you got. Airbox maybe in a couple of months.
    Which filter did you get and where did you get it?
    And wasn't it a problem with the electronics in the filter housing? (If I disconnect the cable to the filter, my engine runs very bad....)

ramell86
    All that i did was place the new filter from K&N in the airbox where the old air filter was....no need to disconnect the cables or anything.

An air intake would be with the filter exposed instead of the filter around a plastic box

I bought mine at an Advance Auto Parts store......but i dont think you would have them in the Netherlands.....any auto parts store should have them, all you need to do is tell them for what make and stuff

Also check out K&N's site

www.knfilters.com

Part number for your filter should be E-2875 but i would check again to be sure, and there is also a place there that shows where to buy them in your area

hope that helps

Hey. I bought a K&N filter from 5r0 bucks from my local autoparts store. I took off the silencers from the stock air filter housing and then the actual air filter hoursing, which is more orless the same thing as buying a performance air intake system. It was easy, and the performance changes were really noticeable.

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ramell86)</div><div class='quotemain'>An air intake would be with the filter exposed instead of the filter around a plastic box</div>
    which is the next best thing to a true ram-air intake. Get an open-element cone filter. The more filtration area you have, the more air your engine can pull in easier. Make sure it's located in a high or normal pressure area of your car, i.e not right behind a bumper or in an area where air flows by underneath or around it. Low pressure = less power. Remember, your engine is just a glorified air pump.

stuVr4
    hey i got my K&N filter($45) and cold air intake pipe($110) at DSMparts.com check it out

Brianguy
    air intake pipe($110)?? which one? i see one for 109. just wanna make sure im lookin at the right one

ken inn
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stuVr4)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey i got my K&N filter($45) and cold air intake pipe($110) at DSMparts.com check it out</div>

if you are talking about the hard intake pipes, those are from dejon tools, and if you install them on your vr4, you will have to move the battery. those wont work on n/a cars.

92mpi
    I have a k&n RU3050. It's the conical, exposed type