The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine Light on?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    elite_boi

Engine Light on?

just got a new tranny and i went out racing and about a day later the engine light is on...

how do you add transmission fluid?

but anyway i changed the oil... so any other suggestions on what i should try to get the light off?

when racing i would keep my foot on the break rev the hell out of the car and take my foot off the break at go... so anybody have a clue why this light on...I been driving it and it does fine it just loses momentum when it's changing gear when before i raced it, it would gain so any clue?

this is going to found funny/stupid, but take off you gas cap....then reinstall it TIGHT, meaning make sure if clips 3 or 4 times.

The reason i say this is, last week, i was at BK with my friend, and while waiting for my food to come(we were at the drive through) i decided to lift my E Brake, while the car was on drive or nuetral, but then after a few minutes..my Check Engine light came on, went to Auto Zone and had them check my codes and they told me it was my Gas Cap. Hope this helps.

elite_boi
    I went to autozone they said it was my transmission, but my mom friend told me to try ridding w/ the gas cap off too....

so i guess the gas cap, didnt workm huh? sorry about that. as for how you add trans fluid. you add it through where the dip stick is located. and the dipstick is located in-between the batter tray and your engine, right above the trans. cant miss it, unless its mot there, lol. get a tube, and pour the trans fluid in. NOW make sure you have the CORRECT TRans fluid, meaning dont go and change your engine oil at the same time, becuase accidents dooo happen.

Zander
    You say you went to autozone to get the light checked out, what modle is your g-ride and if it is 94 or 95 what did they use to check it... ThAnKs

elite_boi
    97' they used a michine you stick into the dataport located under the stearing wheel.

elite_boi
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>so i guess the gas cap, didnt workm huh? sorry about that. as for how you add trans fluid. you add it through where the dip stick is located. and the dipstick is located in-between the batter tray and your engine, right above the trans. cant miss it, unless its mot there, lol. get a tube, and pour the trans fluid in. NOW make sure you have the CORRECT TRans fluid, meaning dont go and change your engine oil at the same time, becuase accidents dooo happen.</div>

right the gas cap thing didn't work... I tried putting in tranny fluid but i can't read the levels on the dip stick...
    my tranny slips major at high RPM's....

Zander
    ok well on my 95 the dataport is located underthe steering colum and I am not sure but it might use a ODBI. What they got out at autozone is the ODBII but i am really not sure if some one could point me in the right direction it would be very helpful. Thanks.