The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lowered springs after non-ecs conversion...(australia)

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    bluedraco

lowered springs after non-ecs conversion...(australia)

hey guys

i hope someone can help...i'm in australia (so some options aren't available)...

basically i have a 1990 galant gsr (FWD 2L DOHC) and am trying to find and fit some lowered springs to it...

my car is an ECS (electronically controlled suspension) type but this was changed about 4 years ago and converted to non-ecs type suspension (note: different springs and struts to the factory non-ecu models)...

recently i bought some king springs (australian brand) and the part numbers are KFFL-25 and KCRL-27 for the front and rear respectively...however, these springs didn't fit as they are actually for the galants that come from the factory WITHOUT ECS and since mine came with ECS and was converted, it uses a different strut/spring...

so, i have to return these springs as they are don't fit and was wondering if anybody (in australia especially) has an ECS model that has been converted AND THEN lowered using different springs can give me specific part numbers of king springs or any springs available in australia that fit...

one of the suspension shops here in my city (canberra) told me that a few years ago they tried EXACTLY THE SAME thing in my situation and DID come across a proper part that fit (from king springs) but that it bottomed out very easily and they ended up putting it back to standard...so i'm not sure if i will come across the same problem or if king springs have fixed that problem since then...

i just want to know if any aussies have lowered their 90 (or 91/92) mitsubishi galant gsr successfully and what did they use?

thanks guys - i'm in need of some help here!

orangbaligila
    sup mate,... i have a galant gsr too (i'm in indonesia) but no ecs,... your best bet will be to swap the whole shock & spring with a more common model,.. try H&R springs with Koni shocks for E33 Galant chassis (non ECS) i think it'll fit if you swap the whole unit (just don't buy the thing first)

btw, is your front springs are a lot bigger than the rear?! if yes, go with the E33 springs,... if it's quite the same size as the rear springs,.. do some trial-work with '93-95 Galant springs