The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 99 LS vs 99 GTZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31
    IPn0yIB0yLykIH0Y

99 LS vs 99 GTZ

does anybody know what is the different between the LS and a GTZ?

Kingman
    Search.

We just did a post about teh GTZ yesterday.

guages, spoiler, body matched trim (gtz) and different badging, and i believe that sport tuned suspension

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingman
    Search.

We just did a post about teh GTZ yesterday.
    yeah, but what happened to the post...?

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    guages, spoiler, body matched trim (gtz) and different badging, and i believe that sport tuned suspension
    I have an LS, and the diff with GTZ is that GTZ has Rear Spoiler, White Gauges, Sport suspension, and color matched grill, and i believe GTZ also has Traction Control, so thats the differences if i got that right.

Senior TGC Member
    Whoa...seriously? I thought that only applied to 4 bangers in 99...dude that stinks
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Kingman
    Not all GTZ's have the spoiler.

Yes they do have traction control, and the carbon fiber trim

I think that post is in the performance section

o yea for those people who are asking about the traction control on the 99 GTZ, this is where i got it http://carpoint.msn.com/vip/safety.aspx?mo...id=2120&src=vip

and kingman, the 99 GTZ had the wood interior. the CF looking interior was started in the 2k2 model year

Senior TGC Member
    Not all GTZ's have the spoiler.

Yes they do have traction control, and the carbon fiber trim

I think that post is in the performance section
    I thought the GTZs prior to the 2002 redesign all came with spoilers stock? And I think the ABS absence only applies to the LS.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Kingman
    I don't know. I thought the spoiler was an option all along. But it was just something that they just automatically added.

I thought traction control was just GTZ's I could be wrong though

I don't know. I thought the spoiler was an option all along. But it was just something that they just automatically added.

I thought traction control was just GTZ's I could be wrong though
    I think the traction control on the GTZ's only from 2000 and above, maybe not on 99, cause TJC has GTZ's and i believe its yr 2000 and he has traction control on it if i'm not mistaken

Pulsar
    GTZ has everything the LS has, plus: White Faced Gauges, Grey Only Interior (LS has Tan), Color matched Grilles (LS are chrome) and Sport tuned suspension. All other options are identical.

every1, before posting, read all the previous posts. i notice all we're doing is repeating what was said earlier

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jacuZZi)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I think the traction control on the GTZ's only from 2000 and above, maybe not on 99, cause TJC has GTZ's and i believe its yr 2000 and he has traction control on it if i'm not mistaken Â*</div>

Yep, that's why I got it. Just for those snowboarding runs

Actually, I still have the 2000 Galant brochure........ looking........ LS & GTZ both have TCL on '00+, but GTZ has sport suspension which is what I also wanted. It has firmer shock absorber valving, higher spring rates, and fatter antiroll bars for front and rear.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

okay what is the difference between the ES V6 and the GTZ other than the suspension white guages and traction control
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wintergalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay what is the difference between the ES V6 and the GTZ other than the suspension white guages and traction control</div>

different side trim
    es v6 has the chrome trim too
    gtz is color matched

esv6 is available in cloth and leather. tan cloth too. the gtz is available only in grey leather

esv6 traction control is optional

esv6 u have a choice between the 100 watt stereo or the 210

esv6 you can pick between steel or alloy wheels

esv6 option spoiler (optional on the 2k2+ gtz too)

gtz has the sport tuned suspension

and o yea differnt badging

Thank You very much!!!
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

Senior TGC Member
    Sunroof/Moonroof was also an option on my ES V6. Hey, not even Pinoy can get everything the first time around

dicksteel
    sorry guy's i guess i am a little late on this topic, but i have a 00 LS V6. it has TC and ABS, and grey leather interior with wood trim. hope that helps out with some of the confusion!

Well I read that the 2003 Galant GTZ will come stock with a spoiler again.
    I wonder why they changed they're minds. I also read that it will be the end of the lifecycle for the 8thG :cry: :cry: :cry:
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast