The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: performance chip

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    queball

performance chip

Hey do you guys think this performance chip on ebay is legit or anothe ebya scam. i would realy like to get one if there real chips and not another scan like the timming advance thing they had on there..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1857512839

:?:

Kain
    Sounds scammy to me. Esp. Considering both of the chips that I know of for the Galant are both over $200 and require vehicle specific tuning (I.E. they program it based on your mods and your power goals) so, if you wanna check it out go ahead, but you know the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

try it if u want. under the hood u don't have too many places to put a chip. i'd more likely see it under the dash along with the ecu. but it sounds like a simple circuit on a board...or maybe even simpler as a resistor or something

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

queball
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    try it if u want. under the hood u don't have too many places to put a chip. i'd more likely see it under the dash along with the ecu. but it sounds like a simple circuit on a board...or maybe even simpler as a resistor or something
    well i guess if it aint a real chip, I think that would be called false advertising, so i could always reverse the charges on cc and send it back and if he wants to give me shit about it just metion the word court j/k no but ceriusly if its not a real chip and a bunch of bull shit ill get my money back..

Kain
    Increase in hp not equal gas milage? Of course it does, it just depends on how you look at it. See, with more hp it takes less effort by the engine to get the vehicle up to a certain speed. And if you know practialy anything about engines, you know that it uses less fuel the lower the RPMs or at least uses fuel at a slower rate. By increasing hp, but not changing the physical structure of the engine, I.E. same displacement, compression ratio, etc. you are making the engine more efficient, and thus increasing gas milage. To get up to (and for the sake of simplicity, I'll keep the numbers small, but the same is true with larger numbers as well) say, 15 miles per hour your engine must reach say 2200 rpm. however, with more hp the engine will only have to reach say 1900 rpm. Plus, you can get a fatter powerband requiring less shifting, and during acceleration when the engine is under load is when gas milage is at it's lowest. This is why gas milage is lower in the start/stop of city driving than in highway driving where crusing speed can be atained and maintained. Just look on K&N's website. They claim increases in hp and gas milage. Hope that makes some sense. Of course if you drive with your foot on the floor everywhere you go, all of the above pretty much goes out the window.

queball
    Well i have emailed this guy twice now and no responce.. so i guess he doesn't want to sell these so called chips very badly...