The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cleaning Wheels

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Cleaning Wheels

I've got a jar of "Blue Magic" wheel/metal polish...says its for chrome, mags, etc etc...anyone used or heard of it? my friend swears by it...but im really protective of my rims...anyone got any suggestions?
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

I've heard of it, but i've never used it. i'd imagine there'd be no harm in trying it. you could always just borrow some of your friends "Blue Magic" and apply it to a tiny portion of your rims and see how it works out before you buy it and polish down everything.
    -Andrew
    RIP: 02 8G Galant....

Current:
    06 Evo IX MR SE
    DD: 94 NA8 Miata

I've never heard of it either, but I swear by Eagle One wadding polish. It's effective yet won't damage metal surfaces. It's also reasonably priced. For cleaning before polishing, I also swear by Orange Blast made by Greased Lightning. It's spray on and hose off cleaner that disolves brake dust and dirt, even on my painted calipers without damage.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Dre
    I've used the BlueMagic wipes before. They seem to be okay, and safe. You just wipe them on the metal surface, wait about 60 seconds, then buff with a soft cloth. I used them after each carwash. As far as the paste/liquid, it is supposed to be designed for heavily oxidized surfaces. But I am sure that the previous mentioned brands will suffice.

well, i used it sunday morning, been drivin and watchin any dust build up...seems the blue magic polish keeps the brake dust away, i looked at them about 10 minutes ago...and its tuesday afternoon...and there still isnt any build up on any part of the rims...im liking that...i usually am wiping down my rims every day before i take the first drive haha
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net