Thread: Kamikaze Headers Info *PICS*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    bigjoshracing

Kamikaze Headers

no word yet, I hope they can make you guys some. Robert

bigjoshracing

Kamikaze Header group buy

Hey all I dont know what happend to the group buy, everyone has been sending emails saying Dan is missing. I will be more then willing to take your orders now at the group buy price. Email me let me know you are from tgc so i will give you the deal. thanks Robert [email protected]

J. T. Z.
    Hey Robert, I was wondering if the fitment problem was taken care of if there even was one. I know one member on here (NRG) tried to put them on last week and they wern't fitting 100%. He also said that after installing them his muffler made a weird noise. Please post back soon as I want to order a set of the ceramic ones ASAP. If you want e-mail me a response that way I can get an order placed in the next day or two.

bigjoshracing

Kamikaze Header

The headers fit fine, I think the problem was the person installing them with too short of bolts(me) if your talking of Roys. The fit fine and work great. The noise in the muffler is the muffler, the headers would not cause the muffler to act diff. the air volume is increased alot, but the headers wont do not change anything in the car.

Re: Kamikaze Header

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigjoshracing)</div><div class='quotemain'>The headers fit fine, I think the problem was the person installing them with too short of bolts(me) if your talking of Roys. The fit fine and work great. The noise in the muffler is the muffler, the headers would not cause the muffler to act diff. the air volume is increased alot, but the headers wont do not change anything in the car.</div>

Hahaha. I upgraded the bolts and nuts on Roy's ride to bigger ones. As for the muffler thing, yes and no it's caused from the headers.

Is it the headers fault that the exhaust sounds that way, YES but indirectly. Headers obviously will make the exhaust flow better and it will also make your exhaust pulse. A nicely tuned header will do this. This is a good thing as the exhaust out of each cylinder no longer collide with each other. This will cause the sound of the exhaust to change.

And NO because I'm sure a different muffler will dampen the sound differently than the one Roy has on.

Good or bad, it now sounds different. And Roy's particular exhaust, didn't handle the pulsing exhaust very well. I will leave it at that and let Roy give you the full report when he gets back. He went to Las Vegas with his ride for the meet so should have a nice report for you racking up all those miles

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

bigjoshracing

Kamikaze Header

The header has little to no effect on how your exhaust is going to sounf. The sound comes from your pipe size resonator and muffler. The header just releases back pressure which gives you more flow, as far as the pulse thing, never really heard that one. I ran this question by the engineers at Kamikaze headers and they assured me that this header or any other header(as long as they are a equal lenght header, which is described as no pipe being 3 inches longer or shorter then the rest) will not change your exhaust. If your exhaust cant handle the new air volume or the muffler is not a high performance muffler then there maybe some noise, but the header does not make the noise. I would say almost all the cars I install these on there is a little to no diff. in sound. When Roy had his installed it sounded the same, no increase in sound. You have to remember you have alot more air pushing through your exhaust now.

How about the gains in performance? Anybody has technical info. on this? Anyone dyno'd it or tested it on the track?

bigjoshracing

Kamikaze Header

on the eclipse 2001 the car dynoed at a mid 20 hp gain in the higher rpm range 5000+, really doing well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12