The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Confused!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    mikeizzle

Confused!

I like exhaust that can be heard from miles away. I have read other people's questions, and I hear about dynomax, magnaflow, flowmaster, arospeed, etc., and I really don't know which one will sound the best for my car. I have a 00 ES 4-cyl. Which muffler can give me that sound, and some performance, the performance doesn't matter, I just want the sound to be loud. Thanks

cdaw2001ES
    I like exhaust that can be heard from miles away
    That's not really going to happen with an I4, but close as your gonna get - is no muffler at all, or get a cheap 4" str8 fart can and take out all it's innards. You'd also want to get rid of the built in resonator pipe too.

I like my car to sound mean when it's getting it on, and to purr like a kitten for those 3AM trips to the store. I got that.

If you want to expirience what your in for w/ no muffler - Unbolt your second 02 sensor and take it out of the pipe, start it up and rev a few times, But be sure to put it back when your done so you dont thow a code.

Even with no muffler, it's not really that loud....it's loudER, yes, but not that loud....especially on stock piping, cuz we still have 2 reasonators under the car....I have no muffler right now, and it's not that loud....

You want louder, go to muffler shop and tell them you want a pipe from the Cat back, thus removing your resonantor, and get something like an Apex turbo muffler and that shit will be Hella loud, and I do mean LOUD!

Senior TGC Member
    Just unbolt your factory cat-back. It'll be plenty loud for free
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

bam462
    i have a tusudo universal muffler and its deep and loud but dont sound ricey. just dont waiste your money gettin the silencer with it ,that was a waiste of money (btw i have same car as you)

Experienced TGC Member
    Well I suggest unbolt your whole exhaust. Starting from the exhaust manifold all the way to the muffler. Try this at your own risk.

mjc1055
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK
    Well I suggest unbolt your whole exhaust. Starting from the exhaust manifold all the way to the muffler. Try this at your own risk.

ummmm, probably not a good idea if you are going to drive around like that. if you plan on unbolting any of your exhaust components and driving around like that (which ive done and is fun) make you sure you at least leave the headers on.

Re: Confused!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeizzle
    I like exhaust that can be heard from miles away. I have read other people's questions, and I hear about dynomax, magnaflow, flowmaster, arospeed, etc., and I really don't know which one will sound the best for my car. I have a 00 ES 4-cyl. Which muffler can give me that sound, and some performance, the performance doesn't matter, I just want the sound to be loud. Thanks
    why do u want to b so loud? my system is LOUD and i wish it was a little quieter... at least is is almost silent at idle. btw, i still have my stock rear resonator in my piping but everything else has been replaced.

2.75" cat back piping to a straight thru THERMAL R&D race muffler and 5" tip. also i have NO cats; header section minus the manifolds re placed by an MPHUnlimited down pipe and empty rear cat. here is video of what the car sounds like when i still had a hi-flow cat (it's much louder now!):

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289...tulation_page=Y

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-9
    Just unbolt your factory cat-back. It'll be plenty loud for free
    yup, good luck passing smog though. and also you'd probably be pulled over like pronto by a cop

Senior TGC Member
    I know. I've been there done that You pass smog, fail the ear
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison