The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Read link attached in regards to mitsus rusting.....

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Read link attached in regards to mitsus rusting.....

Don't know if anyone is as concerned as this guy is, however I thought I should post this and let all of you decide. But then again this could be a matter of principle, considering there should not be any rust on the car.

RUSTING GALANT ANd ECLIPSES <------8th one down left column

check out his website

yofadahead
    can anyone confirm this? i have no rust on my car, but i'll check again.

BlueESV6
    I wonder where he lives? Mine has no rust as far as I can tell.

My door deals are fine also and there is no water/moisture damage. Does he live in Atlantis?

Experienced TGC Member
    Well he did mention that he it snows or something. Probably lives in the east coast. Us Cali guys shouldn't have to worry about that (we got other stuff like the cali vs fed spec).

Monkey
    Where it doesn't snow, don't worry about it... the rust is caused by the salt thrown on the ground when it snows... in time this corrodes all cars!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    this guy is a fucking moron. one of those crazy liberal radicals out to just start some shit cause he's got nothing else to do.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Senior TGC Member
    Not always. For another example, go to http://www.deadeclipse.org and read all the complaints about the Mitsubishi vehicles rusting in southern states (Arizona, Texas, Florida come to mind). My 2001 is rusting pretty badly underneath where no one can see.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

gost2002es
    mine isnt rusting and i live in massachusttes and we had a baddd winter last year.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you'd think the states on the coast would have it worse. all the salt from the oceans. at my mechanic shop we worked on the lifeguard trucks a lot, they rusted COMPLETELY within only a month.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

BlueESV6
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-9
    Not always. For another example, go to http://www.deadeclipse.org and read all the complaints about the Mitsubishi vehicles rusting in southern states (Arizona, .........
    Arizona??

Arizona is where they have the "bone yard" storage for old Air Force planes ... the humidity doesn't get past maybe 30% on a humid day!! There 57 chevy's with only minor surface rust out there!!!!

The southern states have humidity and Florida has the constant rain and salt air...

dayum !!! i think this guy should start walkin from now on if hes got sooo much to fucken complain about!!!!! :evil:

[i][b]<span style='color:violet'>"Im in the building and im feeling like yeeeeee"</span>

MitsuRacer
    Pennsylvania resident with over 50K on the G and not a single speck of rust anywhere i can find.....then again i completely deatail the car every single saturady at my work... :twisted:

luxcrusr2000
    I live in FL and have had my Galant for almost 2 years, and I don't see a speck of rust on it. :? I think this guy might be a little over the edge putting all those decals on his car.

CT_GalantV6
    Funny how he didnt show any pics of the rust. Maybe he really wanted a Honda........

But in his defence, I have a '99 ES V6, bought in Aug. '98 and I live in CT. I have notice a very small rust spot on the Drivers side strut tower, on the weld, in the engine compartment. It certainly is not any thing for me to complain about after five winters. Am I happy to see the rust, NO, but since I do all my own maintainence and have been under my car enough to know that I have not seen any other signs of a rusting problem. I say some people just like to complain, alot.

This person may have a real lemmon, but I didnt see any pics to prove it.

Thats a bunch of crap.

I have a 12-20 inch long deep stratch in my hood and it has yet to even have the slightest bit of rust and i live in Michigan where it snows a lot.

I wouldn't recommended judging the underbody of any car they all look like shit when you look under there. That why its recommended to clean the underfcarriage regularly And even give it a rubberized undercoating to help prevent rust.

No rust whatsoever on my Galant.

GeoZeus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wonder where he lives? Mine has no rust as far as I can tell.

My door deals are fine also and there is no water/moisture damage. Does he live in Atlantis?</div>

If you zoom in on the picture that was provided on the link the license plate is for Ohio.

tolowbass
    ill admit i do have some rust, but very small, on my car where i have small chips also on some of my weld spots so he might be telling the truth