The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bent rims:(

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

bent rims:(

fuckin potholes ate my rims up.

front passenger:

rear passenger:

there are two bends in each rim... because i hit two separate potholes in two different locations.

first location:

the thing is.... it happened last night, so it was'nt bright. so i was going to take a picture of it today, but they had fixed it already.... it looks like it had just been done.

second location i was unable to get a picture of... it's on a very busy highway and it does not have shoulders for me to get out of my car to photograph. however i do have some pictures of potholels i've managed to avoid but to show evidence that we are in pothole hell :cry:

does anybody know how to go about getting reimbursed from the gov't for repairs? i know it is possible in KY. i think they may be damaged beyond repair so i might two new wheels

please get back with me on this. thanks guys. [/img]

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

Experienced TGC Member
    bent rims sucks huh? did you lose air pressure in your tire though? meaning did it bend in far enough to bust the seals?

best thing to do is file a report w/ your local PD, or wherever it was.. and then from there file a complaint w/ the city, and supposedly, they should replace your rims......

i know in some areas though it's up to the driver to avoid the holes, therefore not putting the city at fault (which i think is BS)

they can use the story that they are aftermarket rims and a larger size, and that wouldn't happen if they were the stock size and try to use that against you...... just have to wait and see

but first thing is first, file a police report (will be an accident report) and then file one w/ the city.
    -Chris

loser00
    you should make the city pay for new ones happened to my friend and he got them to pay if you pay taxes its there fault

Censee
    that musta been one hell of a pothole,,,those wheels cant be more than 15 or 16s....and thats alot of cushion on that tire.....jeeesh man that sux

those are the 2 piece gsx wheels right?? from what i hear, they are known to bend easily. but yea, having bad roads isn't your fault. like others have said, try to get the city to at least pay for part to get a new replacement.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    ya hes got 17'' gsx rims, check em out in tgc memebrs pics i think

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>that musta been one hell of a pothole,,,those wheels cant be more than 15 or 16s....and thats alot of cushion on that tire.....jeeesh man that sux</div>

they are 17''s and the tires are'nt all that big.... they are khumo ecsta asx 215/45/17

it's too late to file a police report

technically they are not aftermarket. hehe, they won't know

but yes... i am losing tire pressure :x

99blkgalant
    hey ryan where was that pothole at was wondering

one was on westport road going west at the collins lane intersection.... and another pothole (i didn't get a picture) was on I-264 going east right before the Brownsboro road exit... i'm pissed.

my gf has the phone number to the DOT for those roads, lets pray for some resolution, cuz i love my wheels.

jbragg
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryans99es2.4)</div><div class='quotemain'>one was on westport road going west at the collins lane intersection.... and another pothole (i didn't get a picture) was on I-264 going east right before the Brownsboro road exit... i'm pissed.

my gf has the phone number to the DOT for those roads, lets pray for some resolution, cuz i love my wheels.</div>

I bent one of my rims in J'town...
    Louisville has too many pot holes around

holy moly! i will never drive my car in your state.

i've replaced them now, but the fucking government denied my claim, said that they didn't see any forms of negligence, so they won't refund me for the replacements. but it is taken care of now.

how fast were u goin?