The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mufflers in VA

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Nascimento

Mufflers in VA

Is it true that you folks in the VA can't modify your muffler and/ or exhaust any more???? What is the law because it looks like MASS might do the same thing...

yup thats the law, most times you can fight it and win in court, just need to take a pic of the baffle.

dza
    I got pulled over for my exhaust being too loud in VA when I had my talon. It doesn't make sense to me (the law) b/c many other cars come stock MUCH louder than my talon was. Come to find out, he just used the exhaust being too loud as a reason to pull me over just to look my car over for other illegal things.

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    dang, that sucks for y'all.

so can y'all have modified muffs w/ out sound? is it the sound they are concerned about?

i know that the new eclipse spyders are pretty loud stock. ((as mentioned before, there are a lot of stock cars that are loud.))
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

dza
    I highly doubt its the looks of them... unless its a safety violation on some that hang and wobble. Some people just don't know how to secure them i guess. I'm pretty sure its just the increase sound, unless there are two new laws. Both are stupid though. If anything, there could be a fine line. Some people have really nasty sounding mufflers that are just annoyingly loud. But some are for a purpose and sound ok and aren't deafening.

i know out here (in certain parts) you'll get pulled over for loud exhaust but it's usually the annoying ones. they don't mess w/ official street mods who know what they're doing. other than that...peeps get pulled over for sound violations - - -> systems!!!
    ____

dza
    I'd imagine thats how it is over here too... i just got a bored cop i think. I had a full 2.5" exhaust on my 1g TSi and got pulled b/c of that. They aren't that loud at all and they are crisp, clear and deep, not loud.

you're right..he's bored. juss lookin' for ish.

i got pulled over cuz my license plate lite was out. what makes it worse is that the cop was going the other way, made a u-turn around a median. he gave me a warning...as if i new the light was out.
    ____

dza
    mine was funny b/c he didn't even give me a ticket for the noise. he gave me a ticket b/c my county sticker expired. once he saw that was expired he told me that he'd drop the exhaust violation... riiiiiiight.

:laughing:

i know...."riiiiiiiight"..... :laughing:
    ____