The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Progress Springs OR Eibach Pro Kit

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Progress Springs OR Eibach Pro Kit

I've got about $250 and was wondering which one do you think I should get to lower my 2000 I-4.

Give me some feedback...

they're both different springs,but they both have different drop rates. choose the one with the drop rate that u like better

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

im kinda leaning towards the Progress springs....

Will they run as smoothly as stock when I put them on???

Tiller
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik

Will they run as smoothly as stock when I put them on???
    if you are goingt o go with the Progress, i'd get some shocks / struts to go with them... they are going to be pretty low, and your stock dampers are not going to be able to handle that load very long...

Quote Originally Posted by mystik
    if you change your mind and go with eibachs, i have a set, brand new, in box, still sealed. i'll ship it to your door for $225
    <a href="http://jayd.net" target="_blank">Ride With Me Home</a>

TaTTooBoy
    Just a something for you to think about.
    Consider the road quality in the area that you drive? I live in Jersey and frequent NY weekly (for those of you unfamiliar with the BQE and NY in general the roads have more whoops and holes than a MX track). I installed the Progress springs with stock struts and loved the drop and look. Well it is two months later and the struts are shot and bouncing all over. If you are going to drop 2" make sure you get the KYBs or equivalent .

TaTTooBoy - my $.02

Tiller
    Quote Originally Posted by TaTTooBoy
    Just a something for you to think about.
    Consider the road quality in the area that you drive? I live in Jersey and frequent NY weekly (for those of you unfamiliar with the BQE and NY in general the roads have more whoops and holes than a MX track). I installed the Progress springs with stock struts and loved the drop and look. Well it is two months later and the struts are shot and bouncing all over. If you are going to drop 2" make sure you get the KYBs or equivalent .

TaTTooBoy - my $.02
    my point exactly... do it right...

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djScript
    if you change your mind and go with eibachs, i have a set, brand new, in box, still sealed. i'll ship it to your door for $225
    How bout I trade my used one with your new one Seriously though I went back to the shop that did my install and they paid for a new set and labor for installation at another shop...seems it's not the springs after all that's causing my drop to be lower in front by a huge margin, something is uniquely different (and possibly wrong) about my car. Oh well...I'll look like a 5 series forever I guess.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison