The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Manual Tranny Swap?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    GalantSeoulja

Manual Tranny Swap?

Hey i was wondering if I can swap out my auto tranny wit a manual tranny on my stock 4g64 if i find a manual tranny from a junkyard. It's possible right?

Dracas
    Sure it is, just be ready to spend $$$ on cutting a nice hole in the firewall and buying needed hardware. Possibly more $$$ on various other odds...

Might be cheaper to get a new-old G with a standard already in it, imagine my surprise when I found out my 95 blue books at $1000 apparently they dropped recently, with the 9G's on the way.

mjc1055
    talk to HeadAche, he's the only one on this site to date (that i know of) who's done the swap.. he used a tranny from a 3g eclipse, and it sounds like it bolted up without too much of a problem. anyway get the details from him

2000 tops.... if u get your own parts.... but thats bare bones if u wanna start upgrading it will be a little more....
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'>talk to HeadAche, he's the only one on this site to date (that i know of) who's done the swap.. he used a tranny from a 3g eclipse, and it sounds like it bolted up without too much of a problem. anyway get the details from him</div>
    hes the only one that did it to the 8g...but use 7gers have been doing it for awhile. and you need to use either a 7g tranny or a 2g turbo tranny OR a 2g spyder tranny
    7g for life!