The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: is this a caliper problem?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

is this a caliper problem?

while driving (not all the time), my G 7 makes noise. Its kind of like metal rubbing against metal. The noise will vary when I apply the brakes. hitting a bump in the road will cause this to happen. I need help guys. Thanks in advance..

Zander
    it could be a number of things like warped rotors,brake caliber,or the brake line. on my g-ride when i applied the brakes they did not release which gave me the metal to metal sound. It came to be on the driver side the brake line went bad it was letting pressure on but not of. On the passenger side it was the the caliber sticking, which both together made me go through a set of brake pads in about a month. Hope this helps you out.

check the pads and see if dere okay... if its a warped brake u can usually feel it on the pedal when u break hard...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Houndawg
    I just replaced the front brakes in my 96. When I took a test drive I noticed a metallic scraping sound that stopped when the car stopped. It was coming from the front left. I took the tire off and found that the dust shield behind the rotor was rubbing on the rotor. I just hammered it back a little to get it out of the way. I guess the old rotors were thin enough that they didn't rub when the dust shield somehow got knocked out of position.